Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: going back to my roots

Default going back to my roots

i know it was done by fpi project and odyessy but is there a version by fpi without the womans voice on it it had a mans instead or was my m8 completley out of his tree that night

YEAH DEFO A VERSION I AVE MP3 LOL BUT FUCKIN LOADS LOL - ITS CLASSIC HACIENDA TUNE FROM 89 90 - ILL GET BACK 2 YA

NICE ONE M8 WELCOME TO OSA

AL

pacman is offline Board Addict, Exeter Expert & Captain Codshite!!

Yep welcome mate.

Aint it just FPI Project - Rich In Paradise???? I aint sure whether there is a particular mix but I thought the standard Rich in Paradise was vocal-less and the one with the bird singin 'Zippin' up ma boots' etc etc is 'Going back to my roots'.

------------------------------------------------
    "The rumour that computer games have an adverse affect on children is just plain nuts. If Pacman ever affected us as kids, we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching strange pills and listening to repetitive music"

it hasnt got the rich in paradise bit in it

I might be wrong but I think theres a mix which doesnt have the bloke saying that.

The prob is theres shed loads of tunes using the instrumental.

Was there no lyrics whatsoever (male or female) in it mate?

"The rumour that computer games have an adverse affect on children is just plain nuts. If Pacman ever affected us as kids, we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching strange pills and listening to repetitive music"

apparently the singing was done by a bloke

Reet, am chatting shit cos Ive jut had a look at Rich in paradise and its got the woman singing.

Ah feck it, leave it to Al he'll sort ya out - It aint a tune i know much about mix wise.

Sorry

cheers

lol i got the vinyl mate but its at courtneys will be friday latest i go n check it out so can tell u then if no one beats me 2 it - i know the 1 on my mix (first track) is called going back to my roots (vocal version)

The version I got is

F. P. I. Project - Rich in Paradise "Going Back To My Roots" on ZYX records with a bizzare track on the B side called Max-Him - Lady Fantasy !!! (its poo btw !)

Mine has the guy saying Rich in Paradie at the start and then a bit further on in the record he says it again. There is no woman singing on mine at all. The cover also says Original Italo Classic and Original Hit Version and its black with a red stilleto on it (??) Lol !!

Hope this helps

Sweet xx

I was just reading this and thought what a piece of piss, but infact Im a bit puzzled too.

I could have sworn I had a version with a bloke singing and one with Sharon dee Clarke on vocals, but I cant find one...Really strange that, i could have sworn that I usually play the bloke version and get the female out on special occasions (!).

Im not going mad, there is a bloke version isnt there?(excluding the 94 remix)

Sirius.
    The greatest mistake we make is to lose sight of the fact that now, at its basic form, is no different to the past, and that now is just another part of history for those who dwell after our bones are dust. Sirius:2004

Originally posted by sirius
    I was just reading this and thought what a piece of piss, but infact Im a bit puzzled too.

I could have sworn I had a version with a bloke singing and one with Sharon dee Clarke on vocals, but I cant find one...Really strange that, i could have sworn that I usually play the bloke version and get the female out on special occasions (!).

Im not going mad, there is a bloke version isnt there?(excluding the 94 remix)

Sirius.

Im pretty sure there is mate 99.9% but I aint heard it for a long, long, long time.

Default Re: going back to my roots

Originally posted by umgum
    is there a version by fpi without the womans voice on it it had a mans instead or was my m8 completley out of his tree that night
    The tune I think your on about here, is nearly the same as the 'FPI Project' release, similar piano, slower tempo though, its...

RICHIE HAVENS - GOING BACK TO MY ROOTS

This is where the piano originally comes from, Im 99% certain this is the tune you are on about!

I may be way off the mark here. But I've far too many versions of this record so here you go.

Lamont Dozier wrote the thing, and did the original, and sounds like a dame. Odyssey did the one that your mum and dad know. Richie Havens did probably the most sought after version, this is the one FPI nicked the piano from, and has male vocals. FPI did the one with and without Sharon Dee Clarke.
    Wildpitch

Damn, that's happened to me twice today, someone replied whilst I was typing. I've got a rip of Richie Havens sat on my hard disc if you want to hear it!
    Wildpitch

Thread Information