Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: going back to my roots

When was the last time anyone saw this 12" 4 sale, Ive
    been after it for bloody ages!!!

1990! I had two copies, and good man that I am chose to give my spare to a mate.
    Wildpitch

Richie Havens - Going Back To My Roots is available on a compilation called All Back To Mine which features tracks from the TV / radio series of the same name. The other tracks on the comp are all fantastic as well which is a bonus.

I've got this on CD but I believe it was available on vinyl as well, could be a cheaper option than getting the original 12 and much easier to find as well

Cheers Mike,

The album will do for the time being until I get a hold of it on 12, what other tracks are on the album?

BTW, has anyone heard the new remixes by Groove Armada yet? Ive seen the 12 about, they could have put the original on!!!

It's mostly 70s stuff to be honest, quite a range of interesting stuff on there. I'll burn you a copy and post it along with that 12" if you want!!!

Originally posted by Konspiracy
    Cheers Mike,

The album will do for the time being until I get a hold of it on 12, what other tracks are on the album?

BTW, has anyone heard the new remixes by Groove Armada yet? Ive seen the 12 about, they could have put the original on!!!
    Quality tracklisting, especially if Demis Roussos floats your boat! Gwen Mcrae, Barry White, Patti Austin, Lee Dorsey, David Axelrod and Sly Stone all make an appearance can't remember who else.

Are you saying GA have remixed Richie Havens?
    Wildpitch

Default a must have album

great quality richie havens and

can't forget the greatest soul tune ever (*along with lots of others
    patti jo:- make me believe in you

Originally posted by Mike
    It's mostly 70s stuff to be honest, quite a range of interesting stuff on there. I'll burn you a copy and post it along with that 12" if you want!!!
    Nice1 Mike, a copy would be tops, 70s - strutt around mi flat with 89 bellbottom flares time,

Wildpitch m8, was in the local HMV last week and they had a couple of copies, just 2 GA mixes, no original, was going to have a listen but the decks were bust

Thread Information