Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is gettin right on my case!

Default This is gettin right on my case!

Right gang

There is a remix of Lisa Lisa - Let the beat hit em

This remix is on Knights 7 I believe.

Its not the Sheryl Jay version, which I think was released mid 90's. Its a proper remix about 91/92

here it is

My question is, was this an official remix?

What label was it on?

I dont really wanna buy Knights, but if I have to I will!!

Thanks a lot

its the 1 ive got on classics deffo that 1 n its called the big beat remix innit. il have a chek round now mate but i seem to remember seein it sumwhere on vinyl as in not on a knights or classics on me travels

in fact this the 1 but this looks like the classics 1 inniit

http://www.gemm.com/c/search.pl?sid=...no=GML45585448

n heres another 1

http://www.netsounds.com/nscs.cgi?ns...00&nscssi=Full

but thats deffo the tune that is the mp3

maybe it wa sjust a remix they did for the classics 1 which then got ripped off n put on knights n they just called it the remix???

will have a look round tho bro n try n find it on a label

fukkin ell y do they have to be so bloody awkward these tune maker doods lol

Default you prolly know this...

theres part one and part two ov let the beat hit m.

just a thought

Thanks all

Butty - Yeah any more info appreciated thanks

Simmo - Part 1 of this tune is quite bouncy R&B, part 2 is the one everyone knows.

Its a rascal this one and no mistake

I'm after the remix on original copy but that could prove to be difficult, failing that I'll have it on any format, like on wok format, or round hole in the ground format, or, hell I'd even have it on Knights!!!

will keep me eye out for ya matey but the quality of the 1 on the classics 1 is darn good (a lot better than the knights 1 i rekon) so id go for that 1 for now if i were u buddy

in fact i sold my wok format of it the other day, swapped it for a twix doh

lol i just rememberd summet crazy ste from last time we was mangled

remember me saying sorbet for no reason n then u equalin me n goin 1 better by sayin e r s that a chinese version of e-bay - sor-bay

we really need to calm down on the little fellas mate lol

lol too right I remember that one mate

funny as that, its like the other one, 'what does he wear Beebock trainers'

Pill overload mate

Originally posted by steh
    lol too right I remember that one mate

funny as that, its like the other one, 'what does he wear Beebock trainers'

Pill overload mate
    lol!!!!!!

o i forgot about that 1 - god we talk sum siht sumtimes

so then when we out again next

dunno why but htf have it down as lisa generates power but it doesnt sound anything like photon inc to me

only ever seen it on knights myself tho

jonny

lol Another great HTFR description!

Originally posted by jonnyp
    dunno why but htf have it down as lisa generates power but it doesnt sound anything like photon inc to me

jonny

lol Another great HTFR description!

Thanks for the info jonny
    Originally posted by jonnyp

jonny

I have this record buddy!!!!. In fact I only played it about 3 days ago, i have just dug it out again to confirm its the same as your mp3 file. 100% the same.
    Now, I dont think its owt to do with the pukka Lisa&CultJam - there is another tune on the otherside which has that well used 'lift your your voice up to the sky, get on your feet and testify" sample in it.............

Sirius.

Brilliant Sirius!

Whats the name of the record?

Must see if I can get it

Thanks

Unfortunately Steh, the words 'hell', 'snowball' and 'chance' do spring to mind here.

Theres not much I can tell you about it really, its a whitelabel, but I dont think its a bootleg and is infact the original record. There is no information on it what-so-ever. I got it in a 50p box once about 5 or 6 years ago (or more!) because I just had that famous "Retro Piano Antenna" signal racing in my head when I picked it out the box. Cant explain it really.

All it had was " Testify" and "I hear the music" written on in marker pen on a sticky label on the black standard sleeve and 'a' and 'B' on the record in marker pen. The scribing is "J 12 A" and "J 12 B". Obviously this is no use whatsoever. If I get chance, I could upload an mp3 into one of them locker thingemys if u want it. That Testify track is quite quainte aswell!! .

Soz that theres no real info there - but it is defo that record.

See ya,

Sirius.

Sirius your a legend mate!

Any info at all on this original vinyl is most appreciated, even what you had for tea that night the day you bought it or summat!!, well jealous you've got the original, take it you aint parting with it?

Thanks again

Nah, Im not partin' with any retro records!!!!!. If I ever come accross another (not very likely) then Ill bear you in mind....

I realised when I was sortin' my vinyl racks out that if owt happened to me, my tunes would probably get sent to Oxfam or somewhere and give some retro head a real find!!!!. I couldnt bear the thought of somebody not into retro gettin thier mits on em all or some dodgy extortionate trader. I think I may set up an OSA Last Will and Testament business so you can all sleep safely at night knowing all your tunes would go to a good home!!!. $$$$Ker-ching!!$$$$$$.

Can I upload to an OSA MyPlay?, full tracks? I only have a 56k connection and BT Surftime which disconnects after 2 hours. Will I manage it with this setup?........Or do you already have a good copy on mp3?. I never knew anyone else had really heard this record, its never on any tapes or owt. Did this get on Knights then??? what did they call it?...

Oh. by the way, it was probably a saturday when I baught it - so it would have been Chicken Fried Rice, prawn crackers a portion of curry for mi tea!!

See ya,

Sirius.

Thread Information