Thread: Billie Ray Martin?

Default Billie Ray Martin?

Trancey piano effort from early 90s which has a vocalist which I'm sure is Billie Ray Martin on it - typical of the stuff Sasha might have played.

Long trancey intro (a bit like BT's remix of Grace) with a bit of wailing before the vocal kicks in over very nice piano - words are hard to make out but she does mention "this could be mine" and something about "in motion".

Looked up Billie Ray Martin on various sites (e.g HTFR) but can't find the title.

It's not talking with myself or your loving arms.

Any ideas?

Default Could be....

..... Billie Ray Martin - Running Out of Town (BT Jacobs ladder mix)......... this is such a feckin lush tune that you gotta check it out anyways.......

Starts of chilled with birds twittering then some jazzy piano/keyboards before kicking in with LARGE rushy trance noises (think that woosh bit from 'Far Out') and then breaks down to LARGE piano & main vocals................ oooooh I love this one

If you want a rip to check out then let me know.

Don't think it's that - it's more of a full on piano tune after the intial 2/3 minutes. No jazzy noises.

I'll try to supply a copy of the vocals.

Is it Sasha styleee Epichouse 'prog house' kind of a house/trance track from about '96 with the following lyrics: (well sort of)

Loads of 'Aaarrrah Haruumahoom' ad libs and wails as the track builds up with acidy floaty bits coming in between the synth jabs every now and again, then :-

"Some things whispering to me, can you hear it call?"
    "This is time to make a change, and its not a sound at all,"
    "All the words, songs that you hear, silence in your soul"
    "Listen to the whispering, and ever word we'll explore(?)"

then theres more lines and it goes into a main chorus of something like 'Find another space and time and join the mystic motion". Piano's are going absolutely MENTAL .

Theres also 'Time' 'Find another Space in Time' and Mystic Motion lyrics which sounds like what u could be describing.
    If not, then bugger me, I dont know. .

But this tune is the very excellent song by DATURA (no not the italian ones) called 'Mystic Motion' on Distinctive records. This is Written/Sung/Produced by Billie Ray Martin. And the Hybrid mix is the all time best mix although there was an earlier release, but this was a lot more 'housey/garagey/songey'.

Hope it helps,

sirius.

Christ you must be knackered after typing all that out - but it seems spot on. You're an effin star. Cheers.

Hadn't a clue about the date - thought it was early 90s - but it is very typical of the Sasha/BT/Oakie style epic trance of the mid 90s.

Downloading it from AG at present - will let you know if the Hybrid mix is the one.

Was Billie Ray Martin in S-Express?

Default just to straighten some stuff up

datura:- mystic motion is the italian band with billy ray martin on guest vocals was original a shite trippy hoppy poppy tune that got sped up and re-done later on. billy ray martin used to sing for electribe 101 and sonique used to sing for s xpress. I do think the song songs like that hybrid mix to me. "running around town" went "who's gonna lift me up when i fall out of love"

Round of applause for Mr Sirius - the Hybrid mix is the one

Cheers, bud. Glad I come in use around here once in a while!.

I reeeeaaally like that track, hence the big description . I dont think I ever heard it played around clubs/pubs in my skanky neck of the woods, but that doesnt suprise me anyway. I thought it was Huge at the time, but nobody knew it.
    Have you ever heard Rabbit in the Moon's 'Floor i da' and 'Deeper'? not as trancey dancey, but brilliant pieces of piano 'chorded' epichouse in my opinion. Mind you, I like LoveClub 'the journey' as well 'cos it just rocks - shame that pizzicato noise ('sash-ish') got caned to death later though...........

well, another one bites the dust!,

Sirius.

is it not billy ray martin vs veracoha - loving arms

Thread Information