Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A fair few to get

Default A fair few to get

Some of these I have on vinyl, some of em I dont....but cant remember the names of any of em

here goes and apologies to those who hate mc's but a few of em have some corking scratching courtesy of sy....

• Dougal 1 ID'd as Orca - Alive and Kicking by Mike
    • Dougal 2 ID'd as Cold Sensation - Bang To The Rhythm (Breakbeat Dub) by Francis
    • Dougal 3 ID'd as DJ Seduction and the Godfather - Look to the Light by Mike
    • Dougal 4 ID'd as a 93 bootleg mix of compnded by Mike
    • Dougal 5 ID'd as RJ - Love Is What We Need by Dara
    • Dougal 6 ID'd as Austin - Unity in Dub by Mike
    • Dougal 7
    • Sy 1 REALLY need this one!!!
    • Sy 2 ID'd as Seduction - Higher Now by Grad
    • Sy 3 ID'd as Criminal Minds - A Vision of Dread by Dara
    • Sy 4 ID'd as Ellis Dee - ruffneck business by DJ Sy One we should all have got!!
    • Sy 5 ID'd as Foul Play - Feel The Vibe by Dara
    • Sy 6 which mix of is this a dream is this?
    • Housey 1 ID'd as Analysis - Ascension by a Sirius/Ilovepiano combo
    • Housey 2 the maseratti tune that has been mentioned before
    • Housey 3

I know I'll be kicking myself at some of em but it was getting a bit quiet in here so I thought I'd give you all somet to do

ta

jonny

Have no idea on any of them theres some right little belters in there.

One of them sounded like it had bit of Dub War - Dance Conspiracy in it (cant remember which one now tho ) and another one was being mixed with Jonny L - Hurt You So (but cant remember that one now either !! it were a sy one tho !! )

Ive been a great help havent I !!

Good luck

Default ok here's what I know

and you could write it on a postage stamp.

dougal 5 is on moving shadow and is a blinder. Great memories there I think it's called the something E.P Jazz could I.D this in his sleep.
    Sy2 sounds like rhythm section but probably isn't

housey 1 keeps cropping up in here but can't quite fecking remember it. All the housey ones I think may be actually be on hardcore labels

Isnt 'Housey1' by Analysis?

Sirius

Ps on Sy6, whats that accapella called and more importantly does anyone have it? ('Is this a dream or reality' is contained in it).
    The greatest mistake we make is to lose sight of the fact that now, at its basic form, is no different to the past, and that now is just another part of history for those who dwell after our bones are dust. Sirius:2004

Dougal 3:

DJ Seduction & The Godfather - Look To The Light
    Impact Records #11

Dougal 4:

This mix of Compnded is a bootleg mix

It came out sometime in early 1993, it's a single sided 12 with a black label that just says, in big white letters "THE REMIX"

Dougal 6:

Austin - Unity in Dub
    This was supposed to be Suburban Base 018 but I don't think it ever got released as a single in the end. It did come out though on the Suburban Base / Moving Shadow album "The Joint"

I've definitely got Dougal1 as well but can't remember what it is I'll get back to ya on that one if no-one else gets it in the meantime

Originally posted by Mike
    Dougal 4: This mix of Compnded is a bootleg mix

It came out sometime in early 1993, it's a single sided 12 with a black label that just says, in big white letters "THE REMIX"

hmm...that'll be a toughie then

Dougal 6: Austin - Unity in Dub
    Spose I best start kicking myself now

cheers

jonny

Just found Dougal 1 as well, it's:

Orca - Alive and Kicking

I really dissapoint myself sometimes, I have that dougal tape as well but I cant think of any of them lol
    Most of the sy's Im sure i should know as well but cant think of any either
    pitiful showing by me there, but I am more of a 1991 id'er errr well thats my excuse anyway

Just found Dougal 1 as well, it's:

Orca - Alive and Kicking

dances with dolphins EP, here I come

ta

jonny

sy2 is on impact records it's either imp003 or imp004, i've got both at home so i'll check tonight.

off the top of my head i think it's IMP004 by DJ Seduction and is called 'higher now' it's the b-side to the even better 'my own'..

had a quick look on GEMM but there's only the remixes available but you're after the original..which might be hard to get hold of.

Originally posted by grad
    sy2 is on impact records it's either imp003 or imp004, i've got both at home so i'll check tonight.

off the top of my head i think it's IMP004 by DJ Seduction and is called 'higher now' it's the b-side to the even better 'my own'..

had a quick look on GEMM but there's only the remixes available but you're after the original..which might be hard to get hold of.
    cheers Grad....tis indeed IMP004. Seen it for 30 but aint paying that It'll turn up eventually and there are more important tunes to find first!

ta

jonny

Sy 6 sounds like a bootleg remix 2 me. I've had a fair few remixes of Is This A Dream but never heard that one.
    Why not try emailing the scratchmaster himself?

www.quoshrecords.com

I aven't got a clue wot housey 3 is but if U find out would U let me know 'cos I've been after that tune ID'ing too?

Cheers

Originally posted by GRIMMY
    Sy 6 sounds like a bootleg remix 2 me. I've had a fair few remixes of Is This A Dream but never heard that one.
    Why not try emailing the scratchmaster himself?

www.quoshrecords.com
    LOL....nice idea! Wonder how many emails he gets each day asking for id's?

I'll post the results if he answers...

jonny

Originally posted by sirius
    Isnt 'Housey1' by Analysis?
    Defo has that sound to it but I havent found any name of a tune by them that might be this....think I'll have to ask the guy who did the tape (If I can get hold of him)

ta

jonny

Thread Information