Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantazia NYE 92/93

Quote Originally Posted by cuchulainn View Post
    Good man. THank you mate...I'm still none the wiser about what order the tapes were. I guess it was

Ellis Dee & Simon 'Bassline' Smith
    Ellis Dee & Lomas
    Lomas
    These were never released as tapes to my knowledge? They were from the CD's released a few years back by Fantazia which is why there is so much confusion as they don't know what they are doing lol....

The thread over on rolldabeats is in set order on the night as far as I'm aware....

For reference, it's:
    Lomas
    Ellis Dee & Simon 'Bassline' Smith
    Ellis Dee & Lomas
    Last edited by Thrash; 20th August 2012 at 12:31 PM.

what a headfuck...cheers man its most appreciated

Just had a listen to the set titled Ellis Dee & Simon Bassline Smith. At 18:26 the music fades a little & I'm pretty sure MC Techno says now just for you fantasia Ellis Dee. anyone else wanna listen & see whats up? May have been a b2b doe for a while, fuck knows
    Last edited by cuchulainn; 22nd August 2012 at 11:46 PM.

Just had a listen to the set titled Ellis Dee & Simon Bassline Smith. At 18:26 the music fades a little & I'm pretty sure MC Techno says now just for you fantasia Ellis Dee. anyone else wanna listen & see whats up? May have been a b2b doe for a while, fuck knows
    I'm still not convinced.... If you listen at 23:46 MC Tekno says 'big shout to my DJ Ellis Dee' which is a more of a shout out than telling everyone they are listening to Ellis Dee. Also, shortly after another MC takes over (no doubt realising this young twat is waffling on about another DJ) & at 25:50 mentions Lomas in a way that suggests that it's Lomas who is playing....

You have to remember MC Tekno was around 14 years old in 1992 so was probably getting carried away. He had already been spouting earlier in the set about 'who remembers Fantazia Bournemouth' (he was briefly on Ellis Dee's last set at Summertime) & that it was his first Fantazia event since then. The "you're about to take LSD" was also a saying he used in loads of other sets.

I can't see why Ellis Dee would play about three tunes, 8 hours before his official set? Surely he'd have been out playing at other NYE events & raking in the cash.... As he played such a famous last set at Summertime, would also explain why he was booked to play last....
    Last edited by Thrash; 23rd August 2012 at 12:54 AM.

Yea your reasoning does hold water. I heard were Bassline Smith came in, but there is no hints as to when/if he finished and Lomas took over again.

Yea your reasoning does hold water. I heard were Bassline Smith came in, but there is no hints as to when/if he finished and Lomas took over again.
    Except the tunes he plays at the start of his second set are almost identical to those he plays at the beginning of his first set....

Lomas (Set 1)
    DJ Seduction - You Can Dance [Impact]
    Joe 90 - Good Times [Full Effect Recordings]
    Nick Power & DJ KU - Mus Get Dark [Buzz Records]
    Cool Hand Flex - Your Risk [De Underground Records]
    Unknown Artist - Untitled (A) (A Man Called Doom EP) [Little Giant Music]
    D-Force - Ruff!!! [Slammin Vinyl]
    DJ’s Unite - DJ’s Unite Vol. 1 (Remix) [Impact]

Lomas (Set 2)
    Unknown Artist - Untitled (A) (A Man Called Doom EP) [Little Giant Music]
    DJ’s Unite - DJ’s Unite Vol. 1 (Remix) [Impact]
    D-Force - Ruff!!! [Slammin Vinyl]
    Joe 90 - Good Times [Full Effect Recordings]
    Nick Power & DJ KU - Love Survives [Buzz Records]

Has to be more than coincidence right?

Also, the start of Lomas' first set would have been early doors on the night (around 9.30pm) so the place would have been nowhere near full. When he starts his second set (around 11.30pm) he'd have been able to rinse the same tunes again without looking daft.

I could be completely wrong here but I've never heard any other DJ play 'A Man Called Doom EP' either....
    Last edited by Thrash; 23rd August 2012 at 09:08 AM.

Thread Information