Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There's Something Going Round Inside My Head

Default There's Something Going Round Inside My Head

I recorded this track of Key 103, a Stu Allen Show in early 1995. I know the lyrics have been used in various other songs, versions, tracks etc, but what are they and what is the one I was likely to have been listening to at that time, and who was it by? I have been looking for this since that time with no success.

There's something going round inside my head
    I think it's something I feel
    It's something unreal
    Now I see my world is upside down
    But we got nothing to fear baby
    My vision is clear
    So get up
    Get it home?
    Try it again, try it again
    Boy get up
    Happiness, is just round the bend oh

Just keep movin'
    Just keep groovin'

etc

Thanks everyone

Loads of stuff this can be. The vocal's originally from Cuba Gooding / Main Ingredient - "Happiness is just around the bend". Nightmares on Wax used it, Marathon used it, they're probably the most popular but the vocals are in quite a few more tunes. It could even be the Cuba Gooding track itself you've heard as that's been remixed in the last 10 years by Claudio Coccoluto.

Or it could be Serious Rope feat Sharon Dee Clarke - Happiness which was a house version from 1993 or 94 I think ???

If I remember rightly this was the same people as Nomad (only without MC Mikee Freedom - thank god)

Hehe, MC Mikeeeeee. I think you're right there. Damon Rochefort was the other Nomad / Serious Rope member I think. He'd done shed loads of other stuff too.

"Ive tredded on, I tredded on, I tredded on tha Mikeee" heheheh....Classic.
    The greatest mistake we make is to lose sight of the fact that now, at its basic form, is no different to the past, and that now is just another part of history for those who dwell after our bones are dust. Sirius:2004

There a few tunes that have used this sample, the most recent was a funky style tune that came out on 'Azuli' I think called...

HAPPINESS by B+M.

This tune uses all of the lyrics stated...

There's something going round inside my head
    I think it's something I feel
    It's something unreal
    Now I see my world is upside down
    But we got nothing to fear baby
    My vision is clear
    So get up
    Get it home?
    Try it again, try it again
    Boy get up
    Happiness, is just round the bend oh

Just keep movin'
    Just keep groovin'

Another tune I can remember which uses all these lyrics is...

MOVIN by MARATHON - But this came out about 91'ish.

AFTERMATH by NIGHTMARES ON WAX if I remember righty, does not use all the lyrics u've stated.
    Can you describe your tune in better detail...

Does it contain a piano or guitar - Male or female singer - is it Disco/hardcore or big band???

It's a woman singing. There is a lot of piano, and no guitar to speak of. It is not hard, and is quite mild, but it was recorded off Stu Allens old 94/95 House Sessions. I will put a sample of it on my webspace over the next couple of days at

members.aol.com/yoda8074

I actually just found another tune which uses some of the lyrics off this track, but it's a man singing. It's on my CD Teutonic Beats - Opus Two

The track is Movin' by 'His Name Is Dime' from 1989. Pretty good, but not in the same league as the track i'm after.

I am bidding on a CD now on Ebay with 'Happiness' on, so maybe that will be it.

Thanks to all.

it sounds like
    BROOKLYNS POOR AND NEEDY - HAPPINESS (IS JUST ROUND THE BEND)

hope that helps

Hmmm just to confuse things even more, I always thought the sample in Brooklyn's Poor and Needy was from India - Lover Who Rocks You "Happiness is just round the bend" and not the Cuba Gooding track ????????

Originally posted by BRADDY
    it sounds like
    BROOKLYNS POOR AND NEEDY - HAPPINESS (IS JUST ROUND THE BEND)

hope that helps
    I think Braddy has hit the nail on the head, this was out about '95. Top chooooooon!!

pacman is offline Board Addict, Exeter Expert & Captain Codshite!!

I was thinking Brooklyns Poor and Needy but not sure if its got the other lyrics apart from the 'Happiness Is Just Round the Bend' biit so kept quiet.

Hmmm, confusing.

------------------------------------------------
    "The rumour that computer games have an adverse affect on children is just plain nuts. If Pacman ever affected us as kids, we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching strange pills and listening to repetitive music"

RIGHT!

I have acquired the following tunes

Brooklyn's Poor And Needy - Happiness - 1995
    Marathon - Movin' - 1992
    His Name Is Dime - Movin' - 1990

Unfortunately, none of the versions above are the one I am after.

Funnily enough, the Brooklyn's Poor And Needy track Happiness is actually nothing to do with the others, and doesn't even use the same sample, it's a completely different song. Marathon and His Name Is Dime versions are better, and are so similar, I would swear His Name Is Dime IS Marathon!!

I can't post MP3 samples here, so I have moved to Anthems.com where I am having a little more success in getting some of these obscure tracks named. My name on Anthems.com is still Gilbo, and I would appreciate anyone following me there and having a listen to the track!!

Cheers all.

Did a search on yer name, but couldn't find the thread, what's it's title and better still could you post a link to it?

Sorry, no idea.

Thread Information