Thread: Classic Italo House Clip

Default Classic Italo House Clip

Hi Peeps,

A little while ago Biskit kindly helped me on my mission to identify some tracks off an old Italian Mixtape circa 1990. He and some other forum friends did a great job; and started me on the road to nailing all the tracks!

My mission is to re-create the old mixtape again - mix for mix - said aint I! For one - the original tape version which I managed to master to digital still sounds worn out!

Plus - Lets just say this tape was influential at my young age back then - in getting me into Djayin!

I now have all the tracks and the right mixes - but there is one track that still eludes me. Essentially, it sounds like a rip off of the classic Westbam - Hold Me Back which is a tune in itself, but there is a rap over the top by what seems to be two girls. The Westbam sound underneath has been embelished with other sounds on top; so not a complete rip off - but very close!

I would be very appreciative of any thoughts, pointers etc - and many thanks in advance for your help.

DISCODOM
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by discodom; 21st March 2011 at 09:12 AM.

"I HAVE just returned from a diplomatic trip to the Congo and I can testify that at no point did I see anyone drinking Um Bongo."

its similar but not quite right you can hear it at 9.15mins on this clip YouTube - Discomagic Compilation Vol.1 - Lato A - Parte 2 - 1990

sorry
    "I HAVE just returned from a diplomatic trip to the Congo and I can testify that at no point did I see anyone drinking Um Bongo."

Default thanks

many thanks for replying and your help - tricky one isnt.

close but no cigar as yet...!

Many thanks Biskit - I have only just realised that you spotted this when I requested this a while back - doh!! :-)

Thread Information