Thread: Help me ID this tune from Hacienda 1992ish

Default Help me ID this tune from Hacienda 1992ish

Found this forum by accident and thought Id give it a shot at trying to find out the title of a tune thats been bugging me since, well about 1992 I suppose!

Graeme Park played it for a few weeks on a saturday night at the Hacienda in 1992/3. All I can give you are some lyrics.

"Ive had enough Im not going to let you use me, Ive found a love a lover that is right for me.

Ive given you good loving and devotion, Im not going to be a second hand emotion."

I know its a bit of a long shot but if anyone has any ideas. lets hear what you got.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by DaveReckoning View Post
    Found this forum by accident and thought Id give it a shot at trying to find out the title of a tune thats been bugging me since, well about 1992 I suppose!

Graeme Park played it for a few weeks on a saturday night at the Hacienda in 1992/3. All I can give you are some lyrics.

"Ive had enough Im not going to let you use me, Ive found a love a lover that is right for me.

Ive given you good loving and devotion, Im not going to be a second hand emotion."

I know its a bit of a long shot but if anyone has any ideas. lets hear what you got.

Cheers

Hi there,

Sounds like Kim Beacham - True Love - played spring / summer 93 @ Hac.

Will check tonight. ( checked it...reckon it's the one you're after..top tune )

Cheers,
    Stu
    Last edited by stu w; 7th September 2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: confirm id

Cheers, if you're right you're an absolute genius. Luckily for you the internet doesnt allow me to kiss you! I absolutely loved the tune and only ever heard it at the Hac. Never got a tape with it on either so god knows how I still remember the lyrics.

I got all my old saturday night hac tapes knicked out of my car ages ago, saw someone ( might even have been you) talking about Parky playing Sagat, had a tape of him mixing it over These Things Happen by All Boxed In, now that was a great set/night.

Thanks again Stu.

EDIT: Yup thats the one, just need to find the right version...woohoo
    Last edited by DaveReckoning; 8th September 2009 at 12:19 AM.

Dave - no probs mate.
    You probably are after the "vocal mix" on this one...it's the one I love & the only one I heard GP play
    Kim Beacham - True Love / I'll Be There (12") at Discogs

If you want old Hac sets - go to Old Skool Anthemz
    Run by the same people as this - loads of GP mixes from the Hac shared by members..

Used to go to the Hac nearly every Sat 92-95 when I was at Uni in Manchester....top place.

Stu

Thread Information