Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: classic orbit tune

Default classic orbit tune

Hi

This is for my bro who used to go to the orbit in morley leeds back in 93/94. He heard nigel Walker play a trancey tune which sounded similar to jones and stephenson the first rebirth. to his recollection it was played quite regularly by nigel walker. He once asked nigel walker after describing to him what the tune was, and was told it sounded like it was the blue fish ep which it wasnt.

I know this is very vague so I am asking for the names of any orbit anthems played in and around 93/94 so I can try to find this tune for my brother that sounded like the first rebirth.

Thank you for looking and thanks for any help

Well, I don't know how Blue Fish EP sounds, but one tune that people often mistake for being The First Rebirth is Meteor Seven - Signs Of Life. But it sounds much more happy, and I don't know if it was played at Orbit.

Cheers C14ru5 its a start and it gives me somthing to check out, and I havent heard of it before so fingers crossed. Any more suggestions are greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Moore View Post
    Any more suggestions are greatly appreciated
    When you say it sounded like it, which part actually sounds like first rebirth...the heavy beat....the choir like vocal part...if u can be more specific with the details we have more chance of getting it id'd....
    LOST IN MUSIK

Hi jonny amos sorry for the long time in replying. The best way my brother described this tune too me was that the trance and tempo were very similar to that of the first rebirth. I dont know wether the tune starts off with trance as it was mixed in, but in the middle there was a very long trancey breakdown for about a couple of minutes and the tune keeps on building until it kicks off again very hard and frenetic like the first rebirth. Although this track has similarities to the first rebirth, if my bro had to guess which label he thought it was on he said probably time unlimited at a guess.

Thanks again for your time and I hope this is a bit better description

I'm going to suggest another tune that (for obvious reasons) is similar to The First Rebirth:
    DJ Franky Jones - Overwhelming Rain (Jones & Stephenson remix)
    It's from (late) 1994, and it has a breakdown, but only for 1 minute.

Nostrum (on Time Unlimited) uses a similar choir synth as The First Rebirth on many different tunes, but none really have a breakdown of any kind. I know that Commander Tom - Are Am Eye fits your discription pretty well, but it's from 1995 (and Nigel Walker would probably have remembered the name when asked anyway )

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Moore View Post
    very long trancey breakdown for about a couple of minutes and the tune keeps on building until it kicks off again very hard and frenetic
    I haven't followed this lead because it confuses me. Was this track played in 1993/94? The trend with long build-ups really started a little later, around 1995, so I can't think of any hardcore / hardtrance track that fits this description (at least none that sound like The First Rebirth). OK, skippping genre to acid trance, how about this one:

Solar Quest - Into The Machine (I Need To Sit Down After That One)
    Strange. The A side on my copy of CC005 lasts 14 minutes, not 12... Anyway, the breakdown sounds very similar to The First Rebirth.

C14ru5 Thanks for the suggestions and help, the tune was played in 1994 but could have been brought out in 93 or 94 it was very similar in sound and structure to the first rebirth. I think the problem i have is that from such a long time ago and being a description of a record that my bro has described to me and not one I can recall hearing myself, this generation spawned a lot of great trancey tracks with long melodic breakdowns with pumping basslines that this post was the preverbiale needle in a haystack.

Mind you I have been given the names of some cracking tracks on here and discogs, so that also my bro hasnt found the tune he is after i am more than happy personally with these unknown gems i have been shown including innertales, and the solar quest one above

Hope you haven't left yet:
    I suddenly remembered this one - it fits your description really well, as long as we ignore the 303 (I've met plenty of poor souls who are immune to that instrument and don't mention it when remembering a song where it's used)

Instant Zen - Astral Community
    From 1994, has a breakdown with following buildup that feels long, sounds like The First Rebirth and in the same tempo. It may even be loosely confused with Blue Fish EP through Noom Records -> Nostradamus -> Nostrum -> Time Unlimited

YouTube listening example

Thanks for the suggestions C14ru5 its definately in the right ball park but is a 12" i already have but has made me think I should check out more of the early noom releases as I dont have many early noom records.

Hey Raoul,

Just read this post and the first track that sprang to mind is:
    R Wagner - Powerjam. The track I mean is called Eclypse.

It's from around 1996 though just incase the dates are a bit out but I've attached a clip. I recall mixing this into First rebirth on many occasions and if i'm correct I got the track from Dj Producer straight after he mixed it into First rebirth. Awesome track but much faster, I've recorded it with the pitch right down and the bass seems quite low on my rip.

Hope this helps. If not try the first rebirth remixes by noom or red jerry. They are quite similar but with vocals etc and enough differences to warrant mixing in straight after to keep the crowds energy levels up.

Stevee0303
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks stevee0303 i will show it to my bro and see if its the one, but its a good tune non the less

Listen to Wagners clip it came to me ur perhaps after a tune Tiesto once did in '94 -

T-Scanner - Trip To Heaven (12") at Discogs
    Attached Files Attached Files

Old Skool Anthemz

*** INTO THE SONIK UNDERGROUND ***

without sounding sarcastic its not the Second Rebirth that you are after is it?

thanks for those who have tried i appreciate it, and its not the second rerbirth but thanks for looking.

Hey Raoul,

Sifting through some old records, I stumbled across this and thought it might be the one your after? Especially since you said nigel mentioned the blue fish ep and it's 1994?

YouTube - Blue Alphabet - Cybertrance

Blue Alphabet - Cybertrance at Discogs

Here's another based on what you've mentioned,

Or: YouTube - Jens Loops & Tings

Stevee0303
    Last edited by stevee0303; 1st June 2009 at 02:58 AM.

Thread Information