Thread: DJ Kex Happy Trax Volume 1

Default DJ Kev Happy Trax Volume 1

Hi all,

I'm after a bit of help or information about DJ Kev's happy trax volume 1.

After years of searchning I've managed to bag a copy which I'm now pretty sure is a repress. All I'm looking for is for anyone to confirm that it was repressed and in what year!

I know it's not exactly an ID of sought's but it's bugging me as I bought it from a random car boot sale thinking it was an original and chuffed that I thought I'd got the bargain of the century.

Anyway I got it home and noticed that it had "copymasters" etched in to the runout grooves!! That was pretty much the giveaway!!! Thankfully it plays all right and only cost a few quid!!!

All this is for is really just to satisfy my curiosity on its origins!

Thanks for listening any help will be appreciated!

Cheers

Chris
    Last edited by christian151276; 21st August 2007 at 05:03 PM.

Hi.

Copymasters is a mastering company who's name you will find etched into the runout grooves of many records. All it means is that the vinyl was mastered by them, so it doesnt mean that your record is a repress necessarily.

I know that there was a huge amount of formation stuff from 5hq stores that got sold off, chances are its one of these, kept unplayed since then.

OZ & Digital,

Thanks for that bit of clarity, so there's a possibility it could be an original then..

If it is, BONUS, if not it's still a good tune!!!!

Thanks Lad's

Default happy trax vol 1

I Bought My Copy From Music Power In Ilford As A White Label

It Has Mp02/pa 6838 On The A Side Runout And Miles C & Somehting Illegible On The B Side As Per Discogs Lisiting

Hope This Helps

Cheers Scratch,

That's cleared the waters a little....

On my copy I've got etched on the "take me higher" side MP02, PA6838"copymasters" and I think "mitesee".. or could be "miles ee", which sounds a bit like what's on your copy....

The b side which is a quality tune! Has MP02 & PA6838 etched into the runout.

Thread Information