Thread: Blow - the cutter (with clip)

Default Blow - the cutter (with clip)

Here guys - here's a clip of the afforementioned Blow tune!! Any idea's on which mix it is? Any idea's on t'other too?

Thanks in advance guys
    Attached Files Attached Files

having heard the clip, I'm almost certain its the 'This is called the cutter' relase from 1992 you want, and the 'hold me' track is Stereogen-Hold Me. ed

Cheers Ed.

I have "this is called the cutter" (the altern 8 remix one) . Would I be correct in thinking that it would be the non-remix version?

Thanks for all your help with the other id too

I have spent the last couple of hrs trying to find a sample of the track you posted to nail it for you!!
    I really want this too but I cant find it anywhere, all the samples I can find are different. Does nayone know what mix it is????

I have purchased a copy of the none remix version from discogs but will have to wait for it to arrive from somewhere in europe, so if we don't find out before I will post. I can also put up a clip of the middle of the track, will do by 6.30 tonight.

This is the one I bought:

http://www.discogs.com/release/160265

The review sounds fairly promising (but you never know): Essentially, it's a breaks tune but polished off with some sultry vocal samples and saxophone stabs. Most spotters head for the remix but the album version packs a punch of a slightly tighter feel.

For anyone who has a copy of the red devil mix from bowlers, it's on side b mixed into Parra Dice - Can you hear me.

Cheers guys
    Last edited by djleo; 5th December 2006 at 06:14 PM.

Default added clip

here's the second clip from further on in track as promised

Cheers guys
    Attached Files Attached Files

2nd clip is definately the album mix, this is the mix that Sasha used to play and is on a mix tape i have of his and i also own the vinyl

the first clip sounds like another tune being mixed out at the bassline break of the album mix??

It's not the album mix. I have that on vinyl. Taken from this:http://www.discogs.com/release/229434

The clip mix is 100% not on this release. So the plot thickens!!

Thanks anyway
    Last edited by djleo; 6th December 2006 at 01:34 AM.

I have listened to the Sasha tape again and i think he may have played two mixes of tune hence my confusion

My vinyl is on storage for a month or so at the moment so i cannot check my copy

This is completely mind boggling. It is definately not the album mix as I have this. I am beginning to maybe thing it is beyond cutter.

I was once in vinyl exchange manchester years ago buying the "this is the cutter" vinyl and a guy said to me "buy the 7" mix" it's better but very hard to come by. I have seen a 7" mix on EBay but he can't send me a clip, that has "beyond cuttee" mix on it. Can anyone confirm please???????

Almost certain it's this - A side 'Beyond Cutter':
    http://www.discogs.com/release/115314
    (At least I have an Mp3 of it labelled as this.)

There's a copy for sale on here.......

Yep he's right.. I knew mine had the altern8 remix on as well, but i was thinking it was the 92 copy.

Thread Information