Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jesse Jackson Speech

Default Jesse Jackson Speech

Hi All.... I wonder if you can help me.

I am after any tracks, or even the accapella itself for a Jesse Jackson speech which is featured on 4 for Money, It's a Moment in Time. Basically the speech goes like this:

"Get ready. It’s morning time. From the slave ship; to the championship; it’s morning time. From the outhouse; to the state house; to the courthouse; to The White House, it’s morning time...”

There are many other parts to it like "I know a star, when the morning comes".... "even the red sea could not hold us back".

I know Andy Weatherall used to play a track which was a simple piano with most of the speech laid on top and I am am desperate to find it or anything like it.

Can you help?

cant give you any info but somewhere in my boxes i have a copy of this accapella. i will dig it out and see what i can find out about it. think its a white label with no details. might take me a bit to find it so hold on !!!!!

If you could that would be ace.... would pay for a rip of it too!

Anyone have any more suggestions?

The Source feat Candi Staton - You got the love (morning time remix)

On this release

http://www.discogs.com/release/21663

Do you have an MP3 of this I can have by any chance? Cheers for the info!

Can you describe the remix at all..... how much like the original record is it..... how much does the sample feature?

Any help appreciated!

It has the same vocal as the original mix but uses the speech in the breakdown and it is pretty complete.

I will look it out and load a sample for you

That would be great thanks. I have ordered some Jesse Jackson vocals, mainly from the WattStax Concert (72) and some other Mowtown records. Hopefully it will pop up.

Anyone else help?

Here is a sample of the mix I have

Apparently it is pretty rare
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's the speech I am looking for indeed. I have ordered this track but am still looking for a copy of the acapella or any other tracks where it is used.

Thanks for your help so far!

Default need to know too!!

I've been after a track from 1994 with this speech on it (probably the best use of speech i've heard) but it has a "BLACK IS BLACK IS BLACK IS BLACK" chant... quite a hard trance track i heard on key 103 from a Jersey nightclub!!......... if you fall across this while searching, can you let me know what its called!
    Cheers

ps sorry if this post had got your hopes up...... i've been there too!

That could be, Allnighters - Black Is Black?? Out in 1995

Default allnighters- black is black

i thought that....it was my first line of attack....but i've not heard the mix i'm after........!

if anyone knows of a mix from 1993/94 with the jesse jackson speech on it, i'd REALLy appreciate a cat no. or any info at all!!

cheers anyway.........happy hunting!

It's just the acappella I think
    He also plays it in this mix over a minimal techno track and you can hear when he cuts out the acappella

Andrew Weatherall @ Rhumba, Edinburgh, 1992 by kiddy12 on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Thread Information