Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Skool Classic???

Default Old Skool Classic???

Can anyone help me with the name of a tune from around 90-91 time? It samples Seidah Garretts k.i.s.s.i.n.g. and is quite a bouncy piano sounding house tunethat goes something like "baby baby, why don't we just, der der derlerdeder, baby, baby,.... you know what it is" then says "Music for the people" sounds like Rollo on maybe Cheeky Records. Its on an old tape of mine and I've never been able to find out what it is, Hope someone can help sorry no sound clip or more info. Would be made up if it was named , Thanks for looking.

Default hhmmm

Quote Originally Posted by mstoddy
    Can anyone help me with the name of a tune from around 90-91 time? It samples Seidah Garretts k.i.s.s.i.n.g. and is quite a bouncy piano sounding house tunethat goes something like "baby baby, why don't we just, der der derlerdeder, baby, baby,.... you know what it is" then says "Music for the people" sounds like Rollo on maybe Cheeky Records. Its on an old tape of mine and I've never been able to find out what it is, Hope someone can help sorry no sound clip or more info. Would be made up if it was named , Thanks for looking.
    my first thoughts were outphase:- i'm in love (samples k.i.s.s.i.n.g) but some of the lyrics you are quoting are from 'baby baby' I forgoet who did that before corona. So hunt out the outphase one and see if you're not getting a tad confused. ps:- cheeky records wasn't around til 1994.

Joy and Joyce - Babe Babe

That's part of the vocals you have described, but not KISSING acca?

Thanks mate for your reply, I said Cheeky Records just coz it sound very similar to the piano line going through Rollo Goes Camping - Get off your High Horse. I know that the tape was mixed by an unknown DJ around 90-91 as it was one of my 1st ever DJ tapes eexcept for the ledgendary Sasha Shelley's Eclipse etc. As it was when I first started clubbing. I'm a DJ and I've found almost every tune I've ever liked except this one and its really bugging me.

Thanks but, its not Babe, Babe I've already checked that out. The Sample is from Kissing "baby why don't we just test the water" but, instead of saying all that it goes "Baby, baby why don't we just der der derlerderderder!, baby baby love [spinback], you know what it is" it has a sax in it aswell if I remeber correctly. And it definately starts off saying "Music for the People". I've looked on HTFR site but, they have no MP3 sample of Outphase so still don't know if its that. Please help anyone!!

Think your after colours - baby baby
    Will try and find a clip....

clipski......
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Guys, but how do I listen to the mp3 sample what do I need to download?

Hi again, I stilll haven't listened to the sample, I will do when I get home. I've remembered another part of the tune goes : "Work that sucker to death come on now, work that sucker to death, huh" hence the Rollo connection I made.

Hi, again!!! I can't open the attachment?? its saying Unknown? I'm using Real Player which I've only just downloaded today. Any tips? thanks guys

right clik save targer as

Dont panic fella,thats deffo the tune ur after

Thanks guys(especially Zippi), that's the fella alright Now I just have to find a copy, shouldn't be too hard though.

I thought it had to be an Italian tune, they do make some Great tunes, thanks again guys for all your help with this one , buzzin'

Thread Information