Thread: ANTIX & CHEROKEE/NEW DAWN/SIGNAL RADIO:92/93

Default ANTIX & CHEROKEE/NEW DAWN/SIGNAL RADIO:92/93

HI. Just hoping there are people out there who can help I.D. tracks played on New Dawn/Signal Radio this Radio Station. I have no Audio clips as I have lost these tapes years ago. Any help would be fantastic :

Cherokee Samples :
    1. Let Yourself Go - A house sounding track not sure if it's Westbam related?
    2. Reaching Out Into Other Worlds - A HUGE classic back in 1992
    3. Energy Overload - This is a robotic voice, It's very oldskool techno and it's not by Rave Crusader.
    4. In My Heart, In My Soul... Border on me (Or Bow Down On Me). Sounds like Beyond the B-sides - Magic Orchestra (CJ Bolland Remix). Banging techno with female vocals.

Antix Samples :
    1. Dance... Equinox - Sounds similar to General Base - In Trance, A nice trancey classic.
    2. Anytime Here, Or it sounds as if he says Anytime Here's and the sample repeats a few times - A Trance classic which could well have been played by Sasha around this era.
    3. This Is... New York American Independant - Or something similar to that sample again a Big Tribal/Trance track from the 92/93 era.

antix 3 sounds like
    new young american primitives(zoe magic lable) i think

Thank you. I will check that out.

Anyone else know any of these tracks?

Default Reachin out into other worlds is.......

Hi Mate! This is OVERNITE II - Reachin' Out, on a Belgian Label I think. I've got the 12" somewhere, so I'll dig it out if I can find it, and give you more info. Cheers Ed.

Hi. Yeah. If you could confirm that and let me know, That would be fantastic. And you could be right. It has a Belgium sound about it.

Thank you!!!

Keep them coming guys!

Hello Again! I have dug out the copy of Overnite II, and I will attempt to describe the track in order to confirm the ID (Although I am 99.9% sure it is this, as it was a massive track popular with Pete Tong in 1992!) The track starts with the 'Reachin' out Vocal with a looped sound which sounds like a door creaking, then breaks into a very percussive drum loop and the synth lead which is pitched up and down. At the end of every few bars the vocal sample 'Let yourself go' drops. Towards the middle of the track, an oldskool piano line accompanies the synth. It is on Buzz records (Belgium) Cat no. BZZXL 106075. Hope this helps. Ed

Hi. So your saying the "Let Yourself Go" and "Reachnig Out" Sample are all from the same track. From what I remember there was a Piano Riff in there. Sounds like that's the record I'm after. I've just ordered a copy anyway!!!

Thanks again for your help.

Here's a sample of Westbam's Let Yourself Go!

bpm
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi. Thanks for the sample, But It's not the one I'm after. I think it's gotta be the Overnite record. Should be able to confirm that mid-week.

Cheers.

Just found an MP3 clip of Young American Primitive and it's the one I'm after... Just got to find a copy!

Found Another. The track with the Energy Overload sample is on Master Techno - Volume 4 - S.T.D.

I'm on a roll.

Default antix1

Hi,did you ever find out what the 'antix 1' tune was ive been trying to find out but had no luck!

Cheersdjlw.

try this liquid crystal - let yourself go
    http://rapidshare.de/files/34271055/...ourself_go.mp3

Hi mate. The last Cherokee one 'Border on me (Or Bow Down On Me)' could well be

The Carl Cox Concept - The Planet Of Love

http://www.discogs.com/release/757123

Pretty sure the woman on this is singing 'pour down on me'.

Hope it's the one you're after
    See if you know any of my most wanted IDs. Cheers, Leon
    Most Wanted Pt1 Most Wanted Pt3
    Most Wanted Pt2 Most Wanted Pt4
    Most Wanted Pt5

Thread Information