Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Creator

Bails..sorry old chap but youre wrong - it's Vertigo. "sasha's" 8-12 as sold in London were all Vertigo's - I bought them all thinking they were Sasha and they were my some of my favourite mixes ever... but the fact is that some arse pedelled Vertigo mixes as Sasha.... you should cross check some of the tracks that Sasha was playing at the time and you'll see. For one, you should check out "sasha" 11... happy house....whereas Sasha was playing moody prog at the time..
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by dodgymix
    cheers fella you've just confirmed a long running disagreement, sasha 12 (aka pimp@picasso's)
    Sasha 12 confirms then its deffo Vertigo as Jules says.

Again, does it make a huge difference? E.g - if its not Sasha is it not held in the same esteem?

I see a few posts on Sasha V Vertigo - Vertigo was and still is a superb DJ imho.

Mart

couldnt agree more the only difference is vertigo broke down the set with a few as ya can call em cheesier tunes but strictly floorfillers - sasha played stuff the sdame in 92 but seem to be a lot of vocaley stuff less piano ie kym mazelle - rapination - robin s - show me love - ie vertigo - euphoria - love me right - hyper go go etc etc - thats the difference in the sets really sasha's were like a journey - vertigo was a tease

and dodgy sasha 12 is defo vertigo - plenty of posts about this

alan

I still want the mix cos aparently track 17 is one of my most wanteds :P

Bails...look on the bright side - you've discovered that Vertigo is a top DJ and you'll want more of his mixes...that's nice eh?
    Jules

Default sasha 12

Well I dont mind being wrong, after all its not life or death. All I know is I have the tape with sasha 12 printed on it... I agree that some tunes are Vertigo style and some Sasha but I think the mixing style is defo sasha. For a start all the records are mixed in key or are within step-up step-down terms. If you dont know what I mean get a key board and key ya records up!! Only sasha at that time was doing this, hence "sasha is god". Vertigo to be fair isn't technically in sasha's league so i'll stick by my guns!!

Track 17 or 9 is "ten men dead - we kill love", well its missing from that list by " dodgymix" and its defo on the tape. Will dig it out and check.

Bails

I just put a post in the other section this afternoon about this tune, then I saw this.

I've had this for a while, the same Total Record Company one you have bails, mine has Dreamscape - Out Of Control handwritten on it

The Cat No is 12 HCORE 10

Hardcore Uproar - High On Hope has the cat 12 HCORE 01 - so I thought it might be a track they'd done.

When I got it some years back I was told there were hardly any about, so I've held on to it.

I would guess it is called Dreamscape - Creator, and the flip side Out Of Control.

May Ebay it in the near future, if anyone's interested.

Quote Originally Posted by djjbails
    I have this tune but is worped so bad i cant play it and i dont know what it is called. It has dreamscape written on it ?? and a cheesy hardcore tune on the b side. It is a "total record company production". Anyone help.
    Could be..http://www.discogs.com/release/81981 Or..http://www.discogs.com/release/99370

Bails.... I had exactly the same tape and was convinced it was Sasha for many years until I started on this forum. Dont be so convinced.... Why dont you go and check out the difference between, say, "sasha" 12 and Sasha Chuff Chuff boat party, both from the end of 1992 but totally different tunes and styles. I can't imagine Sasha at that time playing Euphoria - Love you right for one...

Oh....and I know exactly what you mean by musical key - I used to arrange my records by musical key so . In fact the musical key mixing on Sasha 12 isnt as good as on real Sasha mixes if you ask me...
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by djjbails
    For a start all the records are mixed in key or are within step-up step-down terms. If you dont know what I mean get a key board and key ya records up!! Only sasha at that time was doing this, hence "sasha is god". Vertigo to be fair isn't technically in sasha's league so i'll stick by my guns!!
    Yeah I always thought 'Better Days' and 'Candytime' were shit....

DJ's have been aware of and mixing in key way before Sasha even contemplated 'House' as a possible alternative to pocketmoney.

Ron Hardy, Farley, Frankie Knuckles.... - don't get me started.

This mix is deffo Vertigo.

Mart

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Positive
    I just put a post in the other section this afternoon about this tune, then I saw this.

I've had this for a while, the same Total Record Company one you have bails, mine has Dreamscape - Out Of Control handwritten on it

The Cat No is 12 HCORE 10

Hardcore Uproar - High On Hope has the cat 12 HCORE 01 - so I thought it might be a track they'd done.

When I got it some years back I was told there were hardly any about, so I've held on to it.

I would guess it is called Dreamscape - Creator, and the flip side Out Of Control.

May Ebay it in the near future, if anyone's interested.
    I have this. I got it off Gemm a few months back. Same Cat No as yours.

It does have 'Hardcore Uproar' written in marker pen on one side if that's any help (and the 'total record' stuff printed on the flip...)

Mart

Quote Originally Posted by mart
    Yeah I always thought 'Better Days' and 'Candytime' were shit....

DJ's have been aware of and mixing in key way before Sasha even contemplated 'House' as a possible alternative to pocketmoney.

Ron Hardy, Farley, Frankie Knuckles.... - don't get me started.

This mix is deffo Vertigo.

Mart
    I have to say, I burnt my copies of these tapes when I found out they weren't Sasha .

Quote Originally Posted by HairyACIDHelmet
    I agree wiv Hairy, the 'Creator' tune is 'Neon'

Quote Originally Posted by Biskit
    I agree wiv Hairy, the 'Creator' tune is 'Neon'
    Deffo is. Its that same one I posted a while back...

Mart

Alright lads

Now I'm totally totally confused

Are you saying that the Creator one that I have on record 12 HCORE 10 is actually a Belgian track by Neon?

I've got a fair bit of Belgian stuff - this one sounds so Uk produced to me, although could be wrong.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Thread Information