Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More Sunrise '89 Vol.1

Default Re: More Sunrise '89 Vol.1

Originally posted by Noel
    Need some more from this set....

5. Thibeaux 'Celebration' (Garage Mix?)

I've been listening to this today and I'm convinced its the Garage Mix and the DJ is playing 2 copies.

Its the only mix I can find that sounds anything like this version played here and I reckon the DJ just replays the same part of the tune he's just played with a 2nd copy after the vocal breakdown of his first.

Mart

17 is Funk Deluxe - 'I Surrender' on Tam Tam

Spotted by Placid - cheers!

Another one nailed....

Mart

Quote Originally Posted by mart
    17 is Funk Deluxe - 'I Surrender' on Tam Tam

Spotted by Placid - cheers!

Another one nailed....

Mart
    Superb stuff placid

I've updated the listing at the start of the thread.... just #22 to get.. classic disco..can u up samples in the deep house pages forums? som1 will deffo kno it on there. sure i used to kno what it was meself!

Quote Originally Posted by Noel
    I've updated the listing at the start of the thread.... just #22 to get.. classic disco..can u up samples in the deep house pages forums? som1 will deffo kno it on there. sure i used to kno what it was meself!
    Done so, and on discogs - no joy yet tho...

That Visage track - is it deffo an '89 dance mix or is it the Dance Mix form the '82 release - its the only one I can seem to find....

Also, I've managed to lay me hands on the originals of these 3 little beauties. (Been on cloud 9 all week!!!!)

Vol 2 as we have it listed is actually Vol 3 and vice versa (just in case ur anal like me..!) The sound quality is fecking ace in comparison - well crisp and there's a (very) slightly bit more of the beginning of the Cry Cisco P.A. Give me shout if u want them copied.

Mart

Done so, and on discogs - no joy yet tho...

That Visage track - is it deffo an '89 dance mix or is it the Dance Mix form the '82 release - its the only one I can seem to find....
    There ya go Mart http://www.htfr.com/more-info/?catno=MR46078 it's gone down in price aswell!If ya rip them vol can ya give me a shout on slsk please m8 cos my tapes are sh*t quality?

Cheers Hairy! Hmmmm, HTFR are not my fave desitination for tunes. I may hold out, but cheers for confirming it isn't the '82 version....!

I'll give u a nod in the week re: the other thing.

Mart

Cheers Hairy! Hmmmm, HTFR are not my fave desitination for tunes. I may hold out, but cheers for confirming it isn't the '82 version....!

I'll give u a nod in the week re: the other thing.

Mart
    LMFAO i know what ya meen Mart,they've still got £12 of mine from about 3 years ago Cheers on the other thing m8...

Quote Originally Posted by HairyACIDHelmet
    it's gone down in price aswell!
    It was £25 - £30!!!

this ones bugging me, classic disco i think. sound a bit like the Originals?
    Noel, someone on discogs has mentioned this could be a disco version of I-Zimbra by Talking Heads. His exact words in an email to me are... 'i-zimbra - original', which made me remember u had said 'originals'.

Must admit now it does sound like a lot like Talking Heads.

Is this ringing any bells with u??/anyone else????

Mart

this ones bugging me, classic disco i think. sound a bit like the Originals?
    I don't think its I Zimbra - heres a clip below

http://www.musicplantrecords.com/dhp/original18.rm

Quote Originally Posted by lastnightadj

Hmm, that sounds just like it to me - maybe I'm wrong , but is this not just it at the original speed? Is the DJ not just playing this tune but pitching it right up?

Mart

Quote Originally Posted by lastnightadj

yeah that's deffo it! just pitched up a bit...

Nice 1 mart...

Nice 1 mart...
    Can't take the credit for this one - Big shout to Rafael on Discogs - he nailed it!!

Complete tracklist now - superb!

Mart

Don't ya just love it when u nail a tracklist 4 a set as good as this! cheers Rafael

Also, I've managed to lay me hands on the originals of these 3 little beauties. (Been on cloud 9 all week!!!!)

Vol 2 as we have it listed is actually Vol 3 and vice versa (just in case ur anal like me..!) The sound quality is fecking ace in comparison - well crisp and there's a (very) slightly bit more of the beginning of the Cry Cisco P.A. Give me shout if u want them copied.
    If you're ripping them... i would mind a better copy of this 1 as mine is average quality (the other 2 are quite good tho).

Being anal like yourself..... Does it say who's DJing on them? I've got Paul Anderson down 4 Vol 2 (1st track Dionne) & Carl Cox down 4 Vol 3 (1st track Bang the Party)...do i need to swap the Vol numbers?

awww would love better rips of these tapes ;let us know lads if it gets sorted
    "I HAVE just returned from a diplomatic trip to the Congo and I can testify that at no point did I see anyone drinking Um Bongo."

Thread Information