Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: More Sunrise '89 Vol.1

lol - i listened to the wrong clip and posted the correct one

i got the clip from the re-edit competition page off DHP - some good edits on there

http://www.musicplantrecords.com/dhp/index.html

Noel, its a bit confusing - I think they must have been still off their heads.

The cover picture deffo has clips from that video doing the rounds as Doug Lazy's PA is featured. It also says...

This music on this tape is happy house and garage. These are high quality, digitally mastered live cassette recordings of D.J.'s from each Sunrise event including:

Carl Cox, Judge Jules, Paul Trouble Anderson, Fabio, Grooverider, Eddie Richards, Trevor Fung...plus many many more
    There's a few paragraph's of 'history' about 1988 etc. inside and then sommat about the tape being a compilation of the very best of Sunrise, culiminating in the 15,000 people Sunrise/Midsummer Nights Dream party. But that can't be Vol 1 for deffo as Anton introducing the PA says there's video available of that party...???!!!

Then at the bottom it says that they 'contain moments such as Carl Cox faced with 2 decks and a spare deck decides on the spur of the moment to use all 3 decks at once for the first time', so I guess he's the DJ at the start of Vol 2 as that mix with French Kiss & Doug Lazy uses 3 decks for sure.

On the tapes themselves is just printed 'Sunrise Vol (X) - Back To The Future Festival August 89', which is the do at Longwick I understand.

So its not very clear who it is on each tape or where they were recorded, although Back To the Future is a mighty strong contender.

Re: rips - I'm working on them for Hairy, I'll give u all a nod when they're ready.

Mart

East London.. home of pie & mash & jellied eels

Hi ya peeps
    Track 13 is the track off the sunrise video & was id`d by someone on here a couple of weeks back check the other post to see who,the track that we`ve all been wanting to know for age`s is "Feel - by Dream III" & i downloaded it off the person who id`d it on soulseek so if you want a copy let me know

Dj bones

Mart, I think these guys are deffo f* cked out there faces! talk about confusing things! The way i see it vol 1 has gotta be longwick 4 the reason u say above & coz the Cry Cisco PA is on it. Had a look at the flyers on the evthing starts history page & Carl Cox wasn't at the 2 previos do's & he's deffo DJing on Vol 2 (the French Kiss & Doug Lazy was a trademark mix of his) so that's gotta be longwick too. Vol 3 i've got down as Paul Trouble Anderson & the tunes seem more Aug than May or June '89... Tapes all say BTTF Aug '89 on them, just think the cover confuses things!

Any chance of a scan of the cover?

Yeah bones that track is on this set aswell...I've already updated the Listing at the start of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Noel
    Tapes all say BTTF Aug '89 on them
    And BTTF was a promoter as well, not the actual do itself - lol, it also says in the cover that 'no dj names were on their flyers EVER'....

I think ur right, safe to assume they are all from the Longwick do.

Will scan the cover when I get five

Mart

Cheers

LOL... "no dj names were on their flyers EVER" eh......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi guys
    There were parties called back to the future
    Back to the future was an off-shoot of Sunrise. Im sure it was Tony Colsten Hayter + Jeremy Taylor behind it all. They used to have a shop in (if i remember) Islington?

Also if i remember @ Midsummers Dream they had The Erotic Dissadents/New beat Generation live.(ish- lol) Never actually seen tapes or footage from that night (It was the famous 'Ecstasy Airport' rave) would love to get some as i did one too many Microdots that night

Quote Originally Posted by AB45
    Hi guys
    There were parties called back to the future
    Back to the future was an off-shoot of Sunrise. Im sure it was Tony Colsten Hayter + Jeremy Taylor behind it all. They used to have a shop in (if i remember) Islington?

Also if i remember @ Midsummers Dream they had The Erotic Dissadents/New beat Generation live.(ish- lol) Never actually seen tapes or footage from that night (It was the famous 'Ecstasy Airport' rave) would love to get some as i did one too many Microdots that night
    I dont remember any live stuff at mid summers night cept for some fit bird giving it some on top of the scaffolding where the dj booth was to french kiss :P Superb night

Lol - Hairy on the front page of the current bun....'Spaced Out'.

AB45 - There is a vid of MND surely as its mentioned on Vol 1 of these tapes - someone somewhere must still have a copy.

Mart

lol
    Maybe i was more bolloxed than i remember
    Are you on about the birds in suspenders with the big colored dude, they were dancing to 'Suck the beat' They were announced as New beat generation and the erotic dissadents
    Stunning p.a. lol!!

Top night indeed and would gladly fork out for the vid or tapes if i ever come across em, thanx for letting me know they existed.I really needed yet another thing to hunt!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by mart
    Lol - Hairy on the front page of the current bun....'Spaced Out'.

AB45 - There is a vid of MND surely as its mentioned on Vol 1 of these tapes - someone somewhere must still have a copy.

Mart
    Best night i ever went to

Quote Originally Posted by AB45
    lol
    Maybe i was more bolloxed than i remember
    Are you on about the birds in suspenders with the big colored dude, they were dancing to 'Suck the beat' They were announced as New beat generation and the erotic dissadents
    Stunning p.a. lol!!

Top night indeed and would gladly fork out for the vid or tapes if i ever come across em, thanx for letting me know they existed.I really needed yet another thing to hunt!! lol
    LOL there is a video of this night i really dont remember any live NewBeat just that bird in cut down jean shorts :P
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mart
    Can't take the credit for this one - Big shout to Rafael on Discogs - he nailed it!!

Complete tracklist now - superb!

Mart
    its not complete is it
    no ones id'd the breakbeat tune yet ? on tape 3
    "I HAVE just returned from a diplomatic trip to the Congo and I can testify that at no point did I see anyone drinking Um Bongo."

Quote Originally Posted by doolz
    its not complete is it
    no ones id'd the breakbeat tune yet ? on tape 3
    This thread is id's for Vol 1 so I meant its complete for Vol 1. There's another thread for the other volumes/unknowns...

Mart

sorry to bump this 'ole thread, but what version of 'so sweet' is being played?

anyone got the other parts also? ive only got the part off everything...e.com

Thread Information