Thread: 1991 piano tune: Craig, Minstrels, Blackburn

Default 1991 piano tune: Craig, Minstrels, Blackburn

Grrr - this is doin me swede in lolol I know I know it :axe

Taken from a tape I forgot I had (won offa ebay along with other tapes like Pengy (??), Sasha @ Liberty Heights, Sasha NYE Shelleys 90 etc)... this is marked up as Chris: Blackburn, Minstrels 91...

So aside from any ideas on the tune ID does anyone know who Chris is & whether Minstrels was a good night ? cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thats Accepting and Giving by Digitalis, or as Jonno likes to call it, the gay anthem hence the title lol

No idea on the DJ fella or the night tho

Bit warbly that Shooms, is the tape like that?

Cheers Neil fella

Naaah tapes OK - I think its my capture thru sound forge thats gone wrong

ive got this on 12" on revolver.....lead to believe its quite rare ???

sounds a bit hit man and her to me
    Timmmmmmmmmah !!! errrr durrrrr riballaaa libalow.. timmy... timmah timmmmmmmmmmmah !!

Lol no way Ive got this on a tape that Ive been meaning to rip for ids for ages !!

Nice one Shooms I like it too, but when I played the tape to grad he thought it was cheesy I quite like a bit of cheese now and again

The tape I have with this song on tho - I have no idea on the dj either so cant help you with that one, saying that I didnt help at all just said I liked the tune too soz

Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuune!

Love that "ba ba baa ba b-bap bap bah!" bit but hate the other bit with piano that steps nicked!

OMG Craig at Minstrels i had this tape when it was current
    Minstrels was a small pub that people went to in Blackburn before they went on to Manhattan Heights the man like SASHA also popped in for a spin every now and then because Hacienda did a Thursday at Manhattans so people would meet in Minstrels then go on to where they wanted mainly Manhattans but some would wait around until time to go to Set-End for the meet ups to the big Blackburn parties (showing my age) anyway this tape has many a good piano track and if poss i would love the complete if u can sort it out.

Cheers
    STU

Cheers for the info Stuart always love to get the history on a set/mix/dj & all that (lol anorak that I am)...

Yeah - no probs - will deffo do you a copy - PM me yr addy...

Have to say although the tunes are mint all the way thru some of the mixing/cutting leaves a bit to be desired (lol - yeah - like I can mix like Sasha )... I guess live he got away with it but on tape it is really glaring & grating sometimes.... there were some great mix ideas but let down by unneccsary cutting in etc...

Originally posted by STUART
    OMG Craig at Minstrels i had this tape when it was current
    Minstrels was a small pub that people went to in Blackburn before they went on to Manhattan Heights the man like SASHA also popped in for a spin every now and then because Hacienda did a Thursday at Manhattans so people would meet in Minstrels then go on to where they wanted mainly Manhattans but some would wait around until time to go to Set-End for the meet ups to the big Blackburn parties (showing my age) anyway this tape has many a good piano track and if poss i would love the complete if u can sort it out.

Cheers
    STU
    Minstrels, formerly Frank's Bar (before that The Zanzibar - but that was when I was at school). We were never out of the place - it was "our" pub. Rob Tissera started his DJ life as well. Craig Carmichael was resident at Carlos as well - he's a mate of mine, I suspect that this tape may well be Yatesy though (another mate of mine - sounds like I'm on a crazy name drop here!) - he was the resident b4 Craig and he deffo had House From The World which I don't remember Craig having, could be wrong though.

Minstrels is a gay bar now believe it or not! Forget the name of it now though - honest!

Are you from Blackburn originally btw Stuart?

Thread Information