Thread: monkey

Default monkey

I've got a tune which samples the tv programme Monkey (monkey Magic)
    It says Monkey on one side and has his picture on the other.
    Anyone any idea what and who it is, and give me a valuation?

thanks in advance

If its from 1992, Im almost certain its by Shaft (of rubarb and custard fame)......mines on Ffrr, so yours must be a promo eh? Interesting.

Mine has four tracks on it, one of them has a German guy on going "hello?...... hello?.......hello?.......have you any tekno muuzic?" lol. That carl whats-his-name gets a fair beating with that 'Whoa whoaaa whaaa' bit off 'everybody was kung fu fighting' song, lol, and the chords are great.

Even though its a cheesey tune (if it is shaft youve got) I really rate it, its a great track in my opinion. But peeps are fickle in this game, I wouldnt have a clue on its value. Its kind of a gimmicky tune you see. Personally, Id want over 15 quid for mine cos its mint, if no one was interested Id just keep it cos I like it - know what I mean?.

See ya

Sirius.
    The greatest mistake we make is to lose sight of the fact that now, at its basic form, is no different to the past, and that now is just another part of history for those who dwell after our bones are dust. Sirius:2004

Cheers Sirius. I'll have to check it and see if it's the same.
    It was around 92 I bought it though.

Default deffo shaft

and only worth novelty value imo. It also goes 'pigsy! monkeys here!'

the mix on it with the piano from Chez Damier AND the "hello have you got any techno music" is by CHOCI. And the sample is from a cusotemr who came into CHoci's shop[ and just cracked us up..so Choci said "can i put you on my record"..
    Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

you mean this bit in the sample, lol:

Out of interest, on that very same track, you know the piano bit off the start (a la MrRoy too)? who did the version with the same riff from 1992 but with a male vocal going "Youve got to release the tension inside, cos theres nowhere to run and theres nowhere to hide'

Cheers,

Sirius.
    The greatest mistake we make is to lose sight of the fact that now, at its basic form, is no different to the past, and that now is just another part of history for those who dwell after our bones are dust. Sirius:2004

mac thornhill "whos gonna ease the pressure" - is probalby what you are after
    Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Is that a dance music track bud? I vaguely remember it being either a Shaft remix 12", Nrg, or Nrgee Posse or something? sort of 'old hardcore/house' if you know what I mean.

Sirius.

I have Mac Thornhill 4 sale if interested?

pm

Thread Information