Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Hardy - Muzik Box '86

Default Ron Hardy - Muzik Box '86

Anyone know these.....
    Attached Files Attached Files

This one was sampled for Raze 'Jack the Groove'

This is quality disco & is quite familiar, possibly sampled in the '90s......

This'un was deffo sampled/remixed/covered in the last few years...

Originally posted by Noel
    Track 22

D'oh Noel this is one of my all-time favourite records, which if I had not just checked that it was Powerhouse - What you need that sampled it in the 90's I would have been able to ID for you. Sadly, my mind has gone blank I'll remember though!

Incidently is this off deephousepages? I am still working my way through the Bobby Konder's stuff on there. I'll definitely look to the Ron hardy stuff next.

This one was sampled for Raze 'Jack the Groove'

Funny one this - not sure who this one is - but Bra did a tune wth the bassline which is a bit more funky - also (and more likely) Vaughn Mason did a discoy version before Jack The Groove - this could be "Bounce, Skate,Rattle & Roll"

Default track 19

most likely suspect is cleavage - barah

Lovin that bassline / jack the groove one

Cant help tho, soz

Default lol

riiite jus played the sample .. it is slightly diff to barah so u mebbe onto a winner with vaughan mason, as lastnightadj said
    hones:

Track 19 sounds like it could be one of their homemade reel to reels to me. It's just a straight loop off from the Cymande track Bra isn't it? It's deffo not Bounce / Skate as I have that and ID'ed it on here a while back.

Pretty sure I've got 22 as well, seems well familiar. Might be Betty Wright or something.
    Wildpitch

it sounds like the Bra loop - with a kick under - but then when the percussion comes in it it sounds a bit more accompleshed than just a loop

Originally posted by lastnightadj
    it sounds like the Bra loop - with a kick under - but then when the percussion comes in it it sounds a bit more accompleshed than just a loop
    Indeed, the beat that creeps definitly isn't from Cymande. I'm guessing as I've never heard what they did with the reel to reels but it could be just the bassline from Bra looped over an 808 or something. Probably not though.
    Wildpitch

Track 22

Thelma Houston - Here I Am Baby

Originally posted by wildpitch
    Indeed, the beat that creeps definitly isn't from Cymande. I'm guessing as I've never heard what they did with the reel to reels but it could be just the bassline from Bra looped over an 808 or something. Probably not though.

could be that mixing into another track - those crazee Yanks

always on the look out for the VM track - but have not heard it in years

could the first one be this
    52nd STREET
    From Manchester, funk contenders 52nd Street released three sterling singles on Factory - Look Into My Eyes (1982), Cool As Ice (1983) and Can't Afford To Let You Go (1984) before moving on to Ten/Virgin, where they cut two albums, Children of the Night (1986) and Something's Going On (1987). Cool As Ice was a cult club hit in New York and was remixed by John 'Jellybean' Benitez for the US market, where the band were signed to A&M. Both singles included here feature excellent, repetitive basslines sequenced on the Roland SH101 and MC202. Further details: www.xs4all.nl/~prism/pages/52ndstreet.htm
    "I HAVE just returned from a diplomatic trip to the Congo and I can testify that at no point did I see anyone drinking Um Bongo."

Thread Information