Thread: posting samples

Default posting samples

hi,
    can anyone suggest any converters so i can post some ids here
    got them on cd, but neeed to know how to rip them and only cut a small sample instead of putting the whole tune on?????

im sure evryone will know how to do it except me....lol

i've only ever posted one sample on here mate.didn't have a clue how to do it.i used a two minute clip from a cd.turned it into a WAV file (was still the same size...20MB).
    i opened it in windows sound recorder,chopped it down to about 20-30 seconds (using the 'delete before current position/delete after current position').
    must have got it to about 3MB-4MB the i made an MP3 of it and it came out to about 300-400 KB.
    i made the WAV & the MP3 using a program called NEO audio.
    it's easy enough.
    hope this helps.
    mikey

thanks very much mikey.

ive just spent an hour trying to record from my tape player to my cd, but the tape player doesny have any output, only input!!!!!!

so ill cross the recording on here bridge when i come to it......what an absolute farce!!!!!

thanks a lot for the info though m8

Awight mark?

Quick question, why are you recording to a CD from a tape to put in your computer?.

What I mean is, youre doing the job twice. Even if you have a basic soundcard it will have some sort of 'input' or more basicly 'microphone' input socket.

What you can do (albeit crudely if you have no 'tape out' AUX sockets on your tape machine) is buy a lead which goes from your headphone outlet of your tape machine/hi-fi to your soundcard socket.

This will probably be a 6.35mm or the larger headphone Jack plug to another 6.35 plug on the other end.

Then all you do is set up your software to listen to your soundcard and adjust your recording levels and tape machine/hi fi levels until its right and press record. Save as .mp3.

As for how you put the samples on here(especially without personal webspace), pass, I dont know.

Hope this helps

Sirius.
    The greatest mistake we make is to lose sight of the fact that now, at its basic form, is no different to the past, and that now is just another part of history for those who dwell after our bones are dust. Sirius:2004

cheers mate,
    iread something about that but i tried it the other day when id had a couple of beers, but couldnt work it out. i wondered if it would work also if i used the sound recorder in wondows and taped it using my mic, i think that puts it into wav, can you put wav files on here for people to listen to???????

See if you can get a demo of something like Wavelab or Cooledit etc........

http://www.syntrillium.com

Cooledit, a souncard and proper leads are all you need.

As far as I know you can post .wavs if you want, but obviously mp3's are 10 times smaller so you can put longer clips up. Theres loads of other programs that convert wav to mp3 too.
    The greatest mistake we make is to lose sight of the fact that now, at its basic form, is no different to the past, and that now is just another part of history for those who dwell after our bones are dust. Sirius:2004

cheers bud!!!

ive already downloaded a converter from wav to mp3, justwaiting for a small tape player tomorrow, i cant bearsed dismantling my full stereo system and speakers and brining em in here. the ohter half has got a small tape player at work.

ill either do it through soundcard(i have got a lead already) or just record using my mic!!!

any luck with that tape btw sirius???

cheers

You could use a walkman .

Oh yeah, sh!t. I knew there was sommet. lol. Soz bud. If sommet gets buried in my room, it can stay buried .

I'll get on the case, a few stamps and a jify bag are still required, but its coming .

Sirius.

lmao

you sound as organised as me... i havent even got a walkman, ill keep an eye out for the lad next door he must have a portable tapemplayer for gods sake...lol

god knows how ill get the tape onto cd...'dont even go there'

lol

Get a lead, theyre only about 3 quid last time I got one from the now defunct TANDY.

once you get it on your pc, everythings pretty plain sailing, you can make virtually any format possible from there, includind .CDA to play on yer hifi cd player .

give us a shout if yer still stuck later on.

Sirius.

Thread Information