Thread: which cartouche mix is this?

Default which cartouche mix is this?

and which release was it put out on chaps? I've put the intro in the clip and one of the drops that comes in later.

feel the groove

cheers

jonny

if no one else gets this i'll be able to tell you tomorrow, i've got this at home.

I'll av a listen later!!

Don't have the vinyl to hand but I think it's the Underground mix - pretty sure it's one on the normal 12.

isnt the underground mix the one that starts

thi thi think I'd better...then sounds like somet technotronic would have done and is pretty boring

I dunno

Cant listen to ur sample yet, but there's 3 or 4 different mixes, one containing the piano, one piano n shitty rap, & 2 mixes by De Wulf!! If i remember rightly!!

thought i had it, but i've not.

so it's not the 2nd mix jonnyp, and i'm guessing that's the one that biskit calls, piano n shitty rap..

Originally posted by grad
    i'm guessing that's the one that biskit calls, piano n shitty rap..
    lol Soz m8!!

This is almost identical to the mix that's simply called "Mix 1" on the release I've got except for the "UK this is Cartouche" sample. Did it get a special re-release for the UK market.

Originally posted by Jonno
    This is almost identical to the mix that's simply called "Mix 1" on the release I've got except for the "UK this is Cartouche" sample. Did it get a special re-release for the UK market.
    i was going to say the same thing as jonno. the sample in question is 'mix 1' the first one they did i think......but does not have that 'this is cartouche' sample.

the second one has 3 mixes on it with the '2nd mix' being the main one on it.......with the 'to the batmobile, lets go' sample and the pooey rap.

the third one has three more chilled piano mixes with a bright orange sleeve.......these mixes are really nothing like the 'mix 1' version (well apart from the vocals of course).

like jonno said......there may have been a special UK release or sumet

Default have this for sale on ebay at mo

currently £3.99 mint condition original on ars. best mix is the underground mix that the man like used to play has nice chords that come it later

JP that sample you put up isnt from a tape mixed by Cartouche?? 'UK this is Cartouche!!' You know, like some DJ's have 'Bob Scratchitt in the Mix!!' lol

Originally posted by Biskit
    'Bob Scratchitt in the Mix!!' lol

LOL - didn't he use to partner Ebeneezer "Ezzer Good" Scrooge

I'm sure I caught them playing on Christmas eve 1850

it was an all-nighter put together by Charles "Doubledecks" Dickins

there was 3 other djs as well

1 playing Old Skool
    1 playing current hits
    1 playing brand new promos - tunes that were going to be released in the future

Originally posted by Biskit
    lol Soz m8!!
    was just crossing it off the list...but you're right tis not the best rap i've heard..

so does anyone know the mix in question?

('cause i need a new one now)

It is from a tape I have that was allegedly mixed by somebody who dj'd @ peppermint place back in 89/90 whose name I have long since forgotten. On an aside, the tape is pretty cool with half decent mixing and some corker tunes

I always thought it cheesily says "yo hey this is cartouche" and thus doesnt necessarily mean that it was a uk release.

I've also just looked and I have the mp3 of this mix so it must be out there somewhere. Whole track is 3mins27 long although it mixes into nomad - I wanna give you devotion.

I particularly want this one for the drop that I included in the clip.

cheers for trying tho even if you're all about as much use as a chocolate teapot

Thread Information