Thread: pin up girls take me away

Default pin up girls take me away

I have a mix of this tune on a bootie, it is also mixed into congress on the bootie. The mix is proper pianoey and was wondering if it ever had a proper release as the quality of the bootie is pretty crap. Any ideas?

Warrington, then hopefully when my record sells, somewhere posh!

easty,

if its the version with a really clicky breakbeat & it breaks down into piano about half way through its the pin down version on the b-side of an awesome 3 track, i cant remember which one, i am at work but i think its possessed,

can confirm it later

Cheers fella
    So i have my uses eh..................You underestimated me, you'll see.

I picked up what i thought was the original Pin Up Girls - Take Sting Away on Acid Ep - but when I got home and looked closer it is a 3 mix release of Take me away - credited to pin up girls - with theold fasdhioned looking pencil drawing of a woment on it - but is not Take Sting etc - anyone know which this one is - it has a "Dubbed Up" mix on it

I just got the sting on acid e.p. this weekend for a couple of quid and it has yet another take me away just like the other pin up girls - take me away with 3 mixes.
    I have also got pin up boys - first rhythm which is poo and has a similar picture but is a bloke instead.
    How many of these things are there?

Pauly P

I know the bootie track you mean....'true faith' vocals over the top of 40 miles? Although the vocals are clearly not the same bird singing.

I very much doubt it got a 'proper' release being a mashup type thingy

And it is really far too bassy as well

@paulyp > First ryhthm stonks....what you on about!??!.

Sirius.
    The greatest mistake we make is to lose sight of the fact that now, at its basic form, is no different to the past, and that now is just another part of history for those who dwell after our bones are dust. Sirius:2004

Originally posted by sirius
    @paulyp > First ryhthm stonks....what you on about!??!.

Sirius.
    I`ll give it another listen - hehe!

The Awsome 3 version of take me away was re-sung. I've got the acapella of that, but I'm still looking for the proper acapella of the True Faith version. I know its out there somewhere.

My parents house, till the property market collapses

The Awesome 3 version rocks.

Ive got the original on Paragon (1989), with the acapella with the bass behind it.

It sounds like Awe 3 just did an intro, played the acapella and bass, stuck a break beat behind it, and faded it out into a top piano riff, which they probably played with their index fingers, lol.
    (Apparently they were a bit of a cowboy operation - Gaz {Britalian}works with Wayne Allen who has worked with em on Dont Go and Freedom of Life, and apparently they could barley play the piano, heheh)

Thread Information