PDA

View Full Version : Help me ID this tune from Hacienda 1992ish

DaveReckoning
6th September 2009, 12:07 AM
Found this forum by accident and thought Id give it a shot at trying to find out the title of a tune thats been bugging me since, well about 1992 I suppose!

Graeme Park played it for a few weeks on a saturday night at the Hacienda in 1992/3. All I can give you are some lyrics.

"Ive had enough Im not going to let you use me, Ive found a love a lover that is right for me.

Ive given you good loving and devotion, Im not going to be a second hand emotion."

I know its a bit of a long shot but if anyone has any ideas. lets hear what you got.

Cheers

stu w
7th September 2009, 01:30 AM
Found this forum by accident and thought Id give it a shot at trying to find out the title of a tune thats been bugging me since, well about 1992 I suppose!

Graeme Park played it for a few weeks on a saturday night at the Hacienda in 1992/3. All I can give you are some lyrics.

"Ive had enough Im not going to let you use me, Ive found a love a lover that is right for me.

Ive given you good loving and devotion, Im not going to be a second hand emotion."

I know its a bit of a long shot but if anyone has any ideas. lets hear what you got.

Cheers

Hi there,

Sounds like Kim Beacham - True Love - played spring / summer 93 @ Hac.

Will check tonight. ( checked it...reckon it's the one you're after..top tune )

Cheers,
Stu

DaveReckoning
7th September 2009, 11:20 PM
Cheers, if you're right you're an absolute genius. Luckily for you the internet doesnt allow me to kiss you! I absolutely loved the tune and only ever heard it at the Hac. Never got a tape with it on either so god knows how I still remember the lyrics.

I got all my old saturday night hac tapes knicked out of my car ages ago, saw someone ( might even have been you) talking about Parky playing Sagat, had a tape of him mixing it over These Things Happen by All Boxed In, now that was a great set/night.

Thanks again Stu.

EDIT: Yup thats the one, just need to find the right version...woohoo

stu w
8th September 2009, 03:26 AM
Dave - no probs mate.
You probably are after the "vocal mix" on this one...it's the one I love & the only one I heard GP play
Kim Beacham - True Love / I'll Be There (12") at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/Kim-Beacham-True-Love-Ill-Be-There/release/195667)

If you want old Hac sets - go to Old Skool Anthemz (http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com)
Run by the same people as this - loads of GP mixes from the Hac shared by members..

Used to go to the Hac nearly every Sat 92-95 when I was at Uni in Manchester....top place.

Stu