PDA

View Full Version : Blow - the cutter (with clip)

djleo
5th December 2006, 12:09 AM
Here guys - here's a clip of the afforementioned Blow tune!! Any idea's on which mix it is? Any idea's on t'other too?

Thanks in advance guys :confused:

presuminged
5th December 2006, 03:46 AM
having heard the clip, I'm almost certain its the 'This is called the cutter' relase from 1992 you want, and the 'hold me' track is Stereogen-Hold Me. ed

djleo
5th December 2006, 09:52 AM
Cheers Ed.

I have "this is called the cutter" (the altern 8 remix one) . Would I be correct in thinking that it would be the non-remix version?

Thanks for all your help with the other id too :thumbsup:

fingerbob
5th December 2006, 01:38 PM
I have spent the last couple of hrs trying to find a sample of the track you posted to nail it for you!!
I really want this too but I cant find it anywhere, all the samples I can find are different. Does nayone know what mix it is????

djleo
5th December 2006, 06:05 PM
I have purchased a copy of the none remix version from discogs but will have to wait for it to arrive from somewhere in europe, so if we don't find out before I will post. I can also put up a clip of the middle of the track, will do by 6.30 tonight. :thumbsup:

This is the one I bought:

http://www.discogs.com/release/160265

The review sounds fairly promising (but you never know): Essentially, it's a breaks tune but polished off with some sultry vocal samples and saxophone stabs. Most spotters head for the remix but the album version packs a punch of a slightly tighter feel.

For anyone who has a copy of the red devil mix from bowlers, it's on side b mixed into Parra Dice - Can you hear me.

Cheers guys

djleo
5th December 2006, 07:26 PM
here's the second clip from further on in track as promised

Cheers guys

seandelier
5th December 2006, 09:42 PM
2nd clip is definately the album mix, this is the mix that Sasha used to play and is on a mix tape i have of his and i also own the vinyl

the first clip sounds like another tune being mixed out at the bassline break of the album mix??

djleo
6th December 2006, 01:25 AM
It's not the album mix. I have that on vinyl. Taken from this:http://www.discogs.com/release/229434

The clip mix is 100% not on this release. So the plot thickens!!

Thanks anyway

seandelier
6th December 2006, 07:21 PM
I have listened to the Sasha tape again and i think he may have played two mixes of tune hence my confusion

My vinyl is on storage for a month or so at the moment so i cannot check my copy:(

djleo
7th December 2006, 01:09 AM
This is completely mind boggling. It is definately not the album mix as I have this. I am beginning to maybe thing it is beyond cutter.

I was once in vinyl exchange manchester years ago buying the "this is the cutter" vinyl and a guy said to me "buy the 7" mix" it's better but very hard to come by. I have seen a 7" mix on EBay but he can't send me a clip, that has "beyond cuttee" mix on it. Can anyone confirm please???????

Brooker
9th December 2006, 07:46 PM
Almost certain it's this - A side 'Beyond Cutter':
http://www.discogs.com/release/115314
(At least I have an Mp3 of it labelled as this.)

There's a copy for sale on here.......

presuminged
9th December 2006, 11:03 PM
Yep he's right.. I knew mine had the altern8 remix on as well, but i was thinking it was the 92 copy.