PDA

View Full Version : Old Skool Classic???

mstoddy
6th March 2006, 12:48 PM
:confused: Can anyone help me with the name of a tune from around 90-91 time? It samples Seidah Garretts k.i.s.s.i.n.g. and is quite a bouncy piano sounding house tunethat goes something like "baby baby, why don't we just, der der derlerdeder, baby, baby,.... you know what it is" then says "Music for the people" sounds like Rollo on maybe Cheeky Records. Its on an old tape of mine and I've never been able to find out what it is, Hope someone can help sorry no sound clip or more info. Would be made up if it was named , Thanks for looking. :confused: :confused: phones:

nathan
6th March 2006, 03:10 PM
:confused: Can anyone help me with the name of a tune from around 90-91 time? It samples Seidah Garretts k.i.s.s.i.n.g. and is quite a bouncy piano sounding house tunethat goes something like "baby baby, why don't we just, der der derlerdeder, baby, baby,.... you know what it is" then says "Music for the people" sounds like Rollo on maybe Cheeky Records. Its on an old tape of mine and I've never been able to find out what it is, Hope someone can help sorry no sound clip or more info. Would be made up if it was named , Thanks for looking. :confused: :confused: phones:

my first thoughts were outphase:- i'm in love (samples k.i.s.s.i.n.g) but some of the lyrics you are quoting are from 'baby baby' I forgoet who did that before corona. So hunt out the outphase one and see if you're not getting a tad confused. ps:- cheeky records wasn't around til 1994.

GavinH
6th March 2006, 05:37 PM
Joy and Joyce - Babe Babe

That's part of the vocals you have described, but not KISSING acca?

mstoddy
6th March 2006, 05:40 PM
Thanks mate for your reply, I said Cheeky Records just coz it sound very similar to the piano line going through Rollo Goes Camping - Get off your High Horse. I know that the tape was mixed by an unknown DJ around 90-91 as it was one of my 1st ever DJ tapes eexcept for the ledgendary Sasha Shelley's Eclipse etc. As it was when I first started clubbing. I'm a DJ and I've found almost every tune I've ever liked except this one and its really bugging me. :confused: :wave:

mstoddy
6th March 2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks but, its not Babe, Babe I've already checked that out. The Sample is from Kissing "baby why don't we just test the water" but, instead of saying all that it goes "Baby, baby why don't we just der der derlerderderder!, baby baby love [spinback], you know what it is" it has a sax in it aswell if I remeber correctly. And it definately starts off saying "Music for the People". I've looked on HTFR site but, they have no MP3 sample of Outphase so still don't know if its that. Please help anyone!!:confused: :confused:

zippi1
6th March 2006, 06:38 PM
Think your after colours - baby baby
Will try and find a clip....

zippi1
6th March 2006, 06:45 PM
clipski......

Biskit
6th March 2006, 09:09 PM
Colours - Baby Baby >>> http://www.discogs.com/release/261360 :thumbsup:

mstoddy
7th March 2006, 10:25 AM
:thumbsup: Thanks Guys, but how do I listen to the mp3 sample what do I need to download?

mstoddy
7th March 2006, 11:36 AM
Hi again, I stilll haven't listened to the sample, I will do when I get home. I've remembered another part of the tune goes : "Work that sucker to death come on now, work that sucker to death, huh" hence the Rollo connection I made.:thumbsup:

mstoddy
7th March 2006, 01:02 PM
Hi, again!!! I can't open the attachment?? its saying Unknown? I'm using Real Player which I've only just downloaded today. Any tips? thanks guys:confused:

glenn
7th March 2006, 02:45 PM
right clik save targer as:thumbsup:

zippi1
7th March 2006, 03:12 PM
Dont panic fella,thats deffo the tune ur after:D

mstoddy
7th March 2006, 04:41 PM
Thanks guys(especially Zippi), that's the fella alright :wave: Now I just have to find a copy, shouldn't be too hard though.:thumbsup: phones:

mstoddy
7th March 2006, 05:30 PM
I thought it had to be an Italian tune, they do make some Great tunes, thanks again guys for all your help with this one , buzzin' :D :thumbsup:

mick b
8th March 2006, 10:25 PM
Hi mate bought this tune 2 years ago but it took me 2 years to find it! wasn't cheap paid £50 for it

With your description it is definately that tune

Cheers Mick B

mstoddy
14th March 2006, 08:07 PM
Hi guys, yeah its the tune I was after I got it on eBay last week for £7.... Bargin!! :thumbsup: