PDA

View Full Version : nearly 13 years now this un

pauly p
19th August 2003, 07:56 PM
How could have I let this go for so long and still not know what it is....

Bazil
19th August 2003, 08:33 PM
Yeah what a tune...

And I'm still after the ID...

Thanks pauly for re posting it.... may be we'll get some luck.

:D

pauly p
19th August 2003, 08:36 PM
hehe I think I stole this sample from you as I can`t rip tapes yet lol.
;)
p.s. another one of your Colin Dale wants is Bass culture - facts of life (industrial records).

Pauly P

Bazil
19th August 2003, 08:39 PM
Ah yeah... you shooms's pal?? thanks for that ID..

Massive tune that.... can't believe hardly anyone knew the name... Can't believe i didn't buy it then.. :o

I got a shed load of Colin Dale / Favor tapes.. so i'll have some more to post up soon :D

Biskit
19th August 2003, 08:54 PM
erm, i think i may have this, u'll av to wait & I'll get back to ya!! Ive either the vinyl or on a tape!! I havent heard this for years, so I can t remember!! Watch this space!!

pluto
19th August 2003, 09:05 PM
im still quite a newby on this site so forgive me if its been mentioned before but is this 2 songs in the mix because it has the same beat and tb303 riff as the b side of beltram - energy flash.......or is this a tune that sampled it?

Bazil
19th August 2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by grover
im still quite a newby on this site so forgive me if its been mentioned before but is this 2 songs in the mix because it has the same beat and tb303 riff as the b side of beltram - energy flash.......or is this a tune that sampled it?

Its not mixed.. its 1 tune for sure.

Not the beltram track your thinking... It sounds a bit like the X volumes... but i got all 4 of them... Thinking it might be belgium.. Hmmmm.

doolz
19th August 2003, 10:13 PM
was it dale or favor who did the demo dat pressures hope this aint one o them demo dats

remeber this palyed on his shows

ZENZEN
20th August 2003, 11:14 AM
Here mate 13 years is a looonnnnggggg time looking for an ID! Why dont you try contacting him personally at Abstrakt Dance records (his label) Maybe he will get back to you and you could send him over the ID clip??

Colin Dale/ Ana Saskia - Label Manager
78, Mount Nod Road
Streatham Hill
London
SW16 2LJ.

Tel: 00 44 (0) 20 8265 4229
Fax: 00 44 (0) 20 8265 4229
e mail: abstraktdance@hotmail.com

It's maybe worth a go, would put a 13 year ID to rest!!! :phones:

pauly p
26th November 2003, 11:17 PM
bump :'(

Bazil
27th November 2003, 02:19 PM
Paul... Did you get the email from Colin Dale too?

Mister_DJ
27th November 2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by doolz
was it dale or favor who did the demo dat pressures hope this aint one o them demo dats

remeber this palyed on his shows

It was Favor. I had a superb tape of one of his Kiss shows in '91 (another that got nicked years ago...grrrr) and he had an amazing Underground Resistance test press as the 'demo dat pressure' tune and I've never heard it anywhere else, ever since...

Sorry PP, this doesn't help one bit in your quest, but doolz just jogged the old memory there for a sec...

:axe:

Mart
:rolleyes:

pauly p
29th November 2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Baz1L
Paul... Did you get the email from Colin Dale too?

here it is. Top bloke but no id :(

Hi Paul,

How are you doing…….good I hope. I really wish I could help you with the name of the track you requested but I can’t. It sounds familiar but I’ve got some 35,000 + records so as you can imagine its hard to remember all the names. “The Abstrakt Dance” show has been off air for some time now and I’ve relocated to south of France but we’ll be bringing back the show Jan / Feb next year via the web with visuals. If your in London 27th December and feel like partying I’ll be at Fabric – London………….if its your trip just drop me a line and I’ll put you and a friend on the guest list.

Once again sorry about the tune……..its definitely German but I haven’t a clue who.

Kindest regards.

Peace…………………………….out.

p.s. You are without doubt the best DJ I`ve ever heard.*

Colin Dale.

*(just added that last bit) Pauly P

digthemusic
29th November 2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by pauly p
p.s. You are without doubt the best DJ I`ve ever heard.*

Colin Dale.

*(just added that last bit) Pauly P

LMAO paul m8.It`s nice when you get a reply like that.I once wrote to mickey finn and got a reply which i thought was jolly decent of him.:D

digthmusic

Bazil
29th November 2003, 06:39 PM
Same email .... lol like the added bit :)

Just had a thought..... the clip is from a tape that has a mixture of tunes from both Colin Dale and Colin Favor shows (tuesdays & thursdays).

So it maybe Colin Favor we need to ask. If only I hadn't paused out all the ads and speaking we might not be having this bother.
:confused:

pauly p
29th November 2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Baz1L
So it maybe Colin Favor we need to ask. If only I hadn't paused out all the ads and speaking we might not be having this bother.
:confused:

I have it on a Colin Dale tape and me too have cut out the talking.
If only all my kiss / Sunset tapes were intact without my editing :$ :(

Bazil
29th November 2003, 06:46 PM
So we're pretty f***ed for this id then :'(

oh well