Thread: this is a mystery to me....

Default this is a mystery to me....

everyone knows about that bootleg which is known as something different by different peepz: the choice e.p.
    u know the one i mean:
    alpha dy - chicago trip
    irene ortiz - in my house
    santuary of love acapella

what is the other track called ???????????????
    it has a vocal sample which has the 'nana na na na na,na nana na-na-na'.
    i've got another record called L.A.N-get into my life (italian style) from 1990-1991,which has the same vocal in it,but sounds more italian.
    i've no doubt this has been up for id before,i maybe missed it.
    the only info i have is what someone told me the other day.
    they said it's called 'pierre feroldi-that's the choice'.but i can't find this anywhere.another record by 'pierre feroldi',is 'feel the hit' which funnily enough is on 'choice' rcords italy.
    hope this is as obvious as f**k so i can finally get this tune on original vinyl and put myself out of my obviously obsessive-italian tune-orientated-misery.
    thanks in advance ppl
    p.s. no italian related jokez plz
    p.p.s butty,plz sort me out with a smiley with a noose round his neck,coz i may hang for not knowing this id.....still not convinced it's italian though.............

could be wow wow na na or whatever it was called by grandplaz...don't know the booty myself but that tune has the bananarama sample in it and sounds pretty italian to me....

some fucker is now gonna say that kev and dave from chigwell did it!

jonny

"Oooh, ahhh, ooh, ahhh - that type of sexual activity is disgusting". "Arrrgh, Thats the time!". "h,he,h,Here we go!".
    Good post this one bud, I dont know it sorry, but it too has bugged me for ages!!!!!!!!!!!!x1000.
    Just love this tune . I Know its definately not that feel the hit track though(I got that one). I got this other whitelabel somewhere with another similar era track on it which needs an Id aswell - so Im off to dig it out from the depths now .................

See ya,

Sirius.

going off sirius' post I take it that I am way off with my guess

oh well....it'll soon be time for pub

jonny

Default not those 2...

i've got 'feel the hit' too so i know it's not that,and that 'grand plaz-wow wow na na'... got that one too,it's a rip off of 'together-hardcore uproar' innit !?!?!?
    next plz,this one's gonna haunt me......

The other track is alledgedly called That's Choice by Q-Words. But I've never actually heard of anyone with an original copy. Kinda the holy grail of dance tunes. A different mix of the same track (had a more acidey feel) appeared on another bootleg along with Richie Havers - Going back to My Roots.

Default q-words

jonno!
    i've actually heard it being called q-words before,from a few different people too,so that may be a good clue(.....forgot to mention that before,soz!).
    i personally think it sounds english,but there you go...

I'd agree on the English thing. The other mix sounds distinctly English. It's a real trickster to track down on original though. I know that the bootleg was done by the people at Beat Street records in Bolton (Mark Currie and that) but it's closed now.

It is Q-Words-Thats the Choice,i got a rip of it off V.A.

Unfortunately VA's only got the bootleg as well. I seem to remember he knew someone (who knew someone) who had an original copy.

Default someone...

well i've had a look in the fone-book under 'somone' and i can't find anyone by that name....haha what a funny un i am.......................i'll shut up now
    no,thanks seriously peepz for your help,looks like it's gonna bug us for a while longer.another bit of info is that someone from liverpool did the bootleg.i always thought it was an original track specifically for that booty,but with the other ones all being original records (i've got 'irene ortiz' and 'alpha DY' on originals) there must be an original out there somewhere...speshly as jonno knows of another version on another booty...bet it rocks too.probably something really obvious that's in htfr for a fivespot!

Whilst the other tracks on the bootleg are rare - they're not that rare. Black Rhythm have had Irene Ortiz in before now, you see copies of Santuary of Love (it's by Zhana btw) knocking about from time to time, and I've personally got 2 copies of Alpha DY on the original W.P. Staff label. You just don't see copies of Q-Words anywhere though.

Lol, Q-Words strikes again !!!!! It's worth a bomb this one Mikey if you ever come across it....

I've never seen a copy (or owt else by them for that matter) but I'm pretty sure the artist & title are correct. No idea on the label, but apparently it was a proper obscure Italian label that nobody could track down.

I know that even "back then" there were bugger all copies about, cause even the big name DJ's were borrowing the vinyl (that's why a lot of peeps thought it was more common than it was). I don't think it was ever intended to find it's way over to the UK, cause even the peeps who import em have never seen it.

I've even asked Discomagic (the Italian end, not the half wits that do the importing) and they've never heard of it either !!!! Can't think of a way forward with this one - lol, except go on a pilgrimage to Italy and rummage through the second hand shops till it turns up....

I gave up the hope of buying it ages ago - I'll die a happy man if I can just stroke the sleave for a brief moment !!!! Arrrrgggghhhhhhh......

Oh, and BTW. If this turns out to be Pierre bloody Feroldi in another one of his guises I am gonna fly over, track him down and punch him - lol

Default the really bizarre thing is ....

I threw a copie of this out ages ago. NAH not really. Never heard it, but what is weird is the fact that in Italy they don't actually realise/recognise their contribution to house music. It's like 91 never happened for them. If you try and buy one big 91 track from italy in italy you'll be unsuccessful. It's really weird I was playing 'playing with knives' the other day to my italian friend and he said " Are yes this track to italians it is how you say cheesy pop music no one listens to stuff like this. They're too busy listening to dubby garage and looking cool on their vespas

Agree 100% Nathan fella.

Thing is you can understand Joe (Italian) Public not giving a shit, but you'd expect the big labels to have at least some idea that peeps are after their product !!!!!!!

Do the "importers" that I keep hearing about not give them feedback re: the requirements of the UK Buyer, or are the labels too badly organised to do owt about it ??? I suspect the latter...

In fact, I'd guess there's tracks that Discomagic own and don't even know it !!! They've got bugger all idea what they released on what cat # so I don't hold out much hope for the master copies....

Lol, I blame it all on Feroldi and his bird !!!

Thread Information