Thread: Cocaine Query on Deaddeadgood

Default Cocaine Query on Deaddeadgood

Not really an Id, but a bit of background info needed on a group/tune/record. Not important really, just wondering........

I picked up some retro last week and one of the things I found was by Cocaine - Controlling Me on DeadDeadGood. This sounds like Oceanic to me, infact it even has the Oceanic insanity accapella on this DJ Promo. The BSide is remixed by Bassheads and there is an an instrumental which absolutely rocks!.

I have never heard this record before (it may be well known to you lot ). Just got me wondering thats all, how rare it is, why it never seems to be on any retro tapes etc.

Also, I baught Decktition LoveRush whitelabel (orig) and as it plays down the length of the track the needle oscillates(?) in and out to the extent where the piano/strings sort of go distorted. Does anyone elses do this? and is this why all the Djs from back in the day seem to mix it out so quick!??. Not as though I can just go out and buy another one mind you..............

Maybee I can sleep better now.

Cheers

Sirius

Default love rush

my old copy of 'love rush' sounded a bit strange,i ended up getting another though which was virtually brand new.my first copy had a white centre,but this one's got more of a pinky coloured centre.can't imagine it being a re-press as it came out on trade records i think.the new one's alright mind u.
    mikeyhones:

Default mmm bit of trivia

decktition is aka tall paul

Your right it's by Oceanic, I dont think its rare but the promo probably is. I like to Bassheads remix, and that instru too, but my copy hasn't got the Insanity pella on it which could be usefull....

>>I picked up some retro last week and one of the things I found was by Cocaine - Controlling Me on DeadDeadGood. This sounds like Oceanic to me, infact it even has the Oceanic insanity accapella on this DJ Promo. The BSide is remixed by Bassheads and there is an an instrumental which absolutely rocks!.

I have never heard this record before (it may be well known to you lot ). Just got me wondering thats all, how rare it is, why it never seems to be on any retro tapes etc.

On a quick flying mission before beddybyes! - My decktion is the original white label promo with Bring the noise on the other side and its white. The inscription on the plastic runout is 'DeckDj0001 a1'.

I never thought this actually came out as I had never ever seen it anywhere!!. The first track is Oceanic then...heheh. Sounded very similar . The acca should come in handy next time I get some time for the old ones and twos and that instrumental will have to find its way into a mix someday!!.

Cheers,

Sirius.

Default Re: Cocaine Query on Deaddeadgood

Originally posted by sirius
    Not really an Id, but a bit of background info needed on a group/tune/record. Not important really, just wondering........

I picked up some retro last week and one of the things I found was by Cocaine - Controlling Me on DeadDeadGood. This sounds like Oceanic to me, infact it even has the Oceanic insanity accapella on this DJ Promo. The BSide is remixed by Bassheads and there is an an instrumental which absolutely rocks!.

Sirius
    this site comes in super duper handy sometimes...had this in my hand yesterday, wasn't to sure about it but the bassheads name had me intrigued as well as the fact i've never heard of it..well now i know.

and me thinks i might just pop back to the store tonight

ps isn't oceanic an anagram of cocaine ??

OK... been meaning to ask this for a while... whats the difference between dekition - love rush and Injector 17 on discomagic? they sound the same to me...

---
    Fug

My copy of 'DECKITION - LOVE RUSH' is on 'TRADE RECORDS'.
    2 try and answer Fugjostle's question, could be 1 of 3 things...

1) At the time 'DECKITION' came out, the Italians were doin pretty well 4 themselves, So Mr Tall Paul, might of released 'Love rush' thru on an italian label , so it would get more recognision, just change the tune very slighty, change the name etc. & no 1 will know! This has been done by other artists b4!

2) The italians are stinkers 4 coping British tunes that rock, 4 example.....
    LOVE TOOLS - KEEP MOVIN came from the idea of PASSION by GAT DECOR

3) Tall Paul might of realised at the time that the original copy of 'INTERCEPTOR 17' was hard 2 get hold of, so he copied it!!

Your a font of knowledge Mr Biskit

and I'm such a dick... injector 17 luckily for me you understood I mean't interceptor 17

---
    Fug

Thread Information