Thread: 'Raise your Hands' uplifting pumping house (94ish)

Default 'Raise your Hands' uplifting pumping house (94ish)

Anyone know it? I've got in on an old XS tape from Barnsley (also heard it on an old Cream tape), early 94 I think. It's got a main uplifting dropout bit, with some vocals throughout but it's difficult to tell what they say, sounds a bit like 'you're gonna move your feet', though it's probably something different. There's a sax riff later on though, with a female black vocalist saying things like 'come on, it ain't no big thing.. raise your hands'.. there's also a piano riff later in the song. I'm convinced the tune would be called Raise your Hands, though much searching has not confirmed this. Anyone know it? Cheers!

The only track which comes to mind is Smooth Touch - House Of Love (Six 6 Records), which uses the "Raise your hands" sample. I'm not sure of all the mixes though as I used to only ever play the bangin hard house mix!

There's quite a few releases on different labels!
    http://www.discogs.com/artist/Smooth+Touch

Cant remember how they go now, havent played em in years, but here's 2 to go off..

Boston Bruins - Raise your hands (US Mindwarp)
    Boston Bee's - Raise your hands (UK Hi-Life)

The latter is new mixes of the US Mindwarp release n contains a piano

Default Hyper Go Go

Maybe it's a version of Hyper Go Go's - Raise Your Hands as it was quite uplifting and from 1994

Details here:-
    Hyper Go Go - Raise
    Label: Positiva
    Catalog#: 12TIV-009
    Format: 12"
    Released: 1994
    Genre: Electronic
    Style: House

Computer Games don`t affect kids.If Pacman affected us as kids, we`d all be running around a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetetive music.

ill go with zenzen on this one sayin its hyper go go , if its a 94 tune . .
    NEXT GOODTIMES - SATURDAY 15TH JAN 2005 ( FREE ADMISSION TO EVERYONE !!!!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "being grimm is like sitting in a rocking chair.... it gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere so whats the point"

Does the piano in ur tune sound like the piano outta 'Metroid/Hyper Go Go - High', if not, then it aint 'Hyper Go Go - Raise'

in 94 there was lots of tunes that samples 'raise your hands' it could have been this one.

Funkydory - Goodtime

i'll rip a sample for you.
    Get Your Beltram Out!!!!

Old Skool Internet Radio - Pirate Revival

Catch Me Live Every Monday Night 8-10pm GMT

The Acid House Vinyl For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by coffee
    in 94 there was lots of tunes that samples 'raise your hands' it could have been this one.

Funkydory - Goodtime

i'll rip a sample for you.

Try this .....

http://www.timandshani.com/audio/goodtime.mp3

right hand mouse click file 'save as'
    Get Your Beltram Out!!!!

Old Skool Internet Radio - Pirate Revival

Catch Me Live Every Monday Night 8-10pm GMT

The Acid House Vinyl For Sale

Thanks for the responses, especially for the soundclip - unfortunately it's not by Hyper Go-Go (heard a soundclip of that one), it wasn't the sample posted by Coffee - I've even heard a mix of the Smooth Touch track & that's not either - plus, the Boston Bruins/Boston Bees were apparently from 1996 so I'd eliminated them.

The track I'm after has only female vocals, there's the Italian-style vocals that seem to be shouting something like 'get up, get up' over the main/first riff, and later the black American female vocals saying stuff like 'let me see 'em.. it ain't no big thing.. raise your hands!'. All I can really add is that's it's got a prominent pumping bassline, typical of some of the bouncy 94 tunes that could easily be played in regular nightclubs. Also, I know this is really crptic but if anyone's got the chart remix of Shock the Beat by Electric Choc (my copy is on Hi Tech Music), my unknown samples a snippet of the 'do da da da da daa' vocals from the intro, and plays the sample for ages before the first riff drops in. I have the tape but can't upload a clip at present.

have you eliminated X press 2 "london express"???
    Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Default the question

think you might be after the koomar project - the question?

The Koomar Project was a good guess - I've had a shop play it down the phone and it was similar (may have eve used the same vocals) but not the one, also not uplifting enough. It's not X-press 2 either. It's frustrating, probably because it'll have some obscure name, which isn't fair!

Quote Originally Posted by wile e. coyote
    The Koomar Project was a good guess - I've had a shop play it down the phone and it was similar (may have eve used the same vocals) but not the one, also not uplifting enough. It's not X-press 2 either. It's frustrating, probably because it'll have some obscure name, which isn't fair!
    mmm you might want theme from bubbleman on stress then?

10 out of 10. you were right. I'm unfamiliar with the Stress stuff & would never have looked there..

Thanks mate, I owe ya one!

Thread Information