Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sasha @ Freetown, Stoke '91

Thanx Chaps

So the female vocal is part of the tune then bunker?

Default re

still after the info on the jomanda track ...shoooomster lol

whats the details on the label etc

Quote Originally Posted by king coe
    still after the info on the jomanda track ...shoooomster lol

whats the details on the label etc
    LOL - I'll try & find the fucker 2nite.... Think she may be hiding in the pic cover for Dunne - Espiral

Noel i recieved this mix 2day fella and its deffo the full 90min version of the sasha @ eclipse 1 mix that i was on about

im sure somebody said on here that the eclipse tapes were sold as tape packs and were only 60min long tapes

just kinda fits the story here

edit: reading the file info on the mp3 you sent me (in winamp) and it also says sasha eclipse coventry no 1
    most wanted IDs - https://sbradyman.angelfire.com/IDclips.htm
    over 250 solved

The original eclipse tapes were sold seperately as I remember? And were labelled up by DJ and tape number, e.g. Sasha 3, Ellis Dee 2 etc.

The tape packs you're probably thinking about were the "Eclipse - Blast from the Past" ones which appeared a few years later, as a sort of retrospective thing. These were 60 minute tapes whereas the original seperate tapes were usually 90 mins (but not always)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    The original eclipse tapes were sold seperately as I remember? And were labelled up by DJ and tape number, e.g. Sasha 3, Ellis Dee 2 etc.

The tape packs you're probably thinking about were the "Eclipse - Blast from the Past" ones which appeared a few years later, as a sort of retrospective thing. These were 60 minute tapes whereas the original seperate tapes were usually 90 mins (but not always)
    Spot on Mike.

Also the proper original tapes, until about issues 3 onwards, had cut up flyers for covers with them too.

Didn't someone also knock off edited tapes aswell around 97/98 from a website that was called 'the raft' or something???? I think a lot of them probably added to the confusion too.

And there were never any fecking cd's either, lol - don't get me started on that one...

Mart

Both Mike & Mart are on the money here...

I got some original tapes & the re-issue 4 packs from circa 95-ish & even some single tapes that were issued about 97-ish but based on the 4 packs...

The original tapes are 90 mins...

The blast from the past 4 packs are 60 mins cutdowns

The reissue single tapes are also 60 min cutdowns

I also agree with you Mart - I cant remember seeing any 'official' CDs at the time although did remember seeing them issued about the same time as the 4 packs...

My original tapes were from Bang-In Tunes across the road (where I also used to get tickets from)

Thread Information