Thread: Raze Break 4 Love Oakenfold Back 2 Basics?

Default Raze Break 4 Love Oakenfold Back 2 Basics?

Hi,

I am really trying to get an ID on a mix of Raze 'break 4 love' that was played on a mix tape by Paul Oakenfold that circulated around 1994-1995 that was labelled as being recorded live at back to bascics in Leeds. The mix in question I think followed on from Neneh Cherry and Yosson D'our's 20 seconds away, and consisted of a cheesy Euro synth harmony in the bnackground whilst the vocal began: 'baby don't you worry, I gonna be the man that you want me to be etc..." The synth then builds until the vocal ends after about 30 seconds, a pause, then the word 'break', and then the beat kicks in. In the middle of the track the words "I need you' x3 and then 'yeah!' The general feeling is one of quite a cheesy Eurotrashy tune quite unlike the original. Sorry no clip to play, but does anyone know what mix this is?

If its the same oakenfold tape from basics (ie tunes like wild colors "dreams" & kitch in sync "another night" (i thinks on)

YOU'LL FIND THE MIX ON CHAMPX12 314 CHAMPION RECORDS

RELEASED IN 1994, i CAN REMEMBER BUYING IT BECAUSE OF THE OAKY TAPE. ITS EITHER THE "GUT DRUM MIX 2" OR "NEW GENERATION MIX"

rOB

Thread Information