Thread: The greatest dancer

Default The greatest dancer

Anyone know who this was by?

Think there was a new version of it around recently?

Cheers

Do you meant the classic Sister Sledge tune ???
    Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Theres a version by Robert Hood, out about 2 years ago
    Live at the motor mix

TUNE

Proper funky with a pumpin beat and the live lyrics

Are you after a version with the vocals or the classic funky riff?? If its the riff, then there's loads who have sampled it, its one of my fave funky guitar disco riffs. Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards were 2 funky ass muthas

Originally posted by Biskit
    Are you after a version with the vocals or the classic funky riff?? If its the riff, then there's loads who have sampled it, its one of my fave funky guitar disco riffs. Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards were 2 funky ass muthas
    they certainly were. Did you know chic's:- le freak was originally aaaahhhh f**k off instead of aaaahhhhh freak out. cause they were so pissed off at not being let in to studio 54.
    Also thats nile rodgers playing the guitar on carly simon's :- why

Originally posted by nathan
    they certainly were. Did you know chic's:- le freak was originally aaaahhhh f**k off instead of aaaahhhhh freak out. cause they were so pissed off at not being let in to studio 54.
    Aye I did N did you know that 'Tribe Called Quest' blatantly ripped the B-side instrumental off of 'Carly Simon - Why' to rap over for their tune 'Bonita Applebum'. Now you could call ATCQ c*nts, but I personally think that 'Bonita applebum' is one coooool track!!

It was the vocal one I was after-Sister sledge eh, well bugger me!

Cheers guys

Originally posted by Biskit
    did you know that 'Tribe Called Quest' blatantly ripped the B-side instrumental off of 'Carly Simon - Why' to rap over for their tune 'Bonita Applebum'. Now you could call ATCQ c*nts, but I personally think that 'Bonita applebum' is one coooool track!!
    ATCQ are well cool IMO. Can't remember who mixed it, but it was the remixer that did this. They actually called it the Why Remix if IRC. The original Bonita was based on a Roy Ayers tune called Daylight, again if IRC.
    Wildpitch

Originally posted by wildpitch
    ATCQ are well cool IMO. Can't remember who mixed it, but it was the remixer that did this. They actually called it the Why Remix if IRC. The original Bonita was based on a Roy Ayers tune called Daylight, again if IRC.
    CJ Mackintosh did the "WHy" remix - the original samples Grace Jones Slave To The Rhythm too

Chic actually wrote and produced Why - as well as playing on it

Originally posted by lastnightadj
    CJ Mackintosh did the "WHy" remix - the original samples Grace Jones Slave To The Rhythm too

Chic actually wrote and produced Why - as well as playing on it
    Just dug it out, I've got two or three different 12's of this. They used some real imagination when they came up with the mix names, one of them has a mix called Slave Remix on one side with the Why remix on the flip. Both pretty cool though.
    Wildpitch

Thread Information