Thread: 89, Early 90's IDs Please

Default 89, Early 90's IDs Please

Some old, tricky buggers, from long lost tapes. Come on old-skoolers, U can do it...
    1)1989 Balearic garage/house with vocal that reminds me of Jim
    Kerr from Simple Minds. "Love is all I want I think...love would
    be the best I think... I get my gun and get on down, when I get my gun I get on down". Slightly spooky sounds.
    2)1989 Old sample house with melancholy, quite sustained synth
    chords, and funky little snare breaks. brings in and out 3 female samples:
    "ohh I like that, oh I like that", "I tell you, I tell you",
    Mi-mi-mi-mi miss you, mi-mi-mi-mi-miss you".
    3)Early-mid 90's? Happy piano garage with a sort of sweet bleepish sound;
    "On and on I find myself wondering why... do I ...Love... Life". (or something like that) Free psykik readings for anyone who gets em...

Default hmmm

fraid the descriptions didnt set anything off here ....
    no chance of audio snippets?

That's the bummer. Lost all my old tapes about 5 years ago. Still, 1 & 3 I think are pretty distinctive if U've heard em. How many tunes say "I get my gun & get on down"??? Suprised no one knows 3. V nice little number. The vocals are male as I remember, with several voices overdubbed together

The NORTH...Well The Great Border City to be exact!

I think No3 is Yohan Square - Love Of Life
    don't know the other 2 tho'
    anyhows heres a sample
    I can upload the full track if you want! let me know!

by the way i am a Taurus! lol!
    Last edited by sample_city; 25th May 2006 at 07:21 PM.

Sample-City, you have it mostly nailed there U beauty. The vocal chorus is def it, but dont think it's this mix. Is there another thats a little less laid-back, with a sort of bleepy sound in it? Maybe I'm getting confused with a smooth mix, but I dont think so. Taurus U say...I can feel a visit to the spirit world coming on...

The NORTH...Well The Great Border City to be exact!

Ive just got this mix on a Various CD Compilation so i don't know if there is another mix/remix of it
    But ive just uploaded it if anybody fancies it! (right click, save target as)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gregg.n...0Of%20Life.mp3

128kbps, 44.1khz, 6.53min, 6.31mb

Hey Sample City. Looked into it. Sounds like this clip is from the 97 remixes on Twisted America. I'm pretty sure the one I want is the original release on Easy Street (Smack Production). Must be. Therefore I have been to visit the spirit world. They tell me that this year, U shall get shagged senseless by a beautiful woman with huge bazookas Your great, great, great, great grandfather also asked me to pass on a message. He says "You young 'uns dont know nowt. We used to have it up the Wigan Morris all-weekers. Five days straight on the mead & shrooms. Then we'd throw a couple of witches in the river and have a game of murderball. I'm f**kin mad for it. Love it." So there U go

Thread Information