Thread: 1990/1991 Three tunes beggin' for an ID

Default 1990/1991 Three tunes beggin' for an ID

Hello mates, apologies once again for the dreck quality, this was from a rave filmed on a poor-quality camcorder and the tape has been copied loads.

The first one should be an easy one, I just can't for the life of me remember what it is--when you tell me I reckon I'll kick meself. IDENTIFIED: Isotonik - Let's Get Down

The second one I don't know what to make of. It's got that "dope, right, yeah" loop (or whatever it is they're saying) that a lot of early rave tracks had. Any help here would be amaaazing.

The third track is a wicked tune I only heard at the particular party I grabbed the clip from, it's got what sounds like the vocal sample used in Le Dormeur by Pleasure Game, but if it IS that track it's no mix I've ever been able to find.

Please take a listen and see if you can help with IDs on these. Cheers!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zefrem23; 7th May 2017 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Updated to add first ID

Track 1 id is this https://www.discogs.com/Isotonik-The...elease/4257982

Track called Let's Get Down

I know number 3...Can't think for the life of me though...Hate it when this happens...

Ahhh mate. Thanks a ton man, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefrem23 View Post
    Ahhh mate. Thanks a ton man, seriously.
    No worries mate, glad to help, whats the name of the rave the video tape is showing??

It was the Piccadilly Theatre Rave in Johannesburg, South Africa in 1991. The very first big rave in the country. The scene there was smallish, but very dedicated. Not quite on the same scale as some of the Rezerection events I went to in the UK in the mid-90s when I moved back here after me Mum passed.

Sorry to here that mate..Who is the Dj..Do you know?
    Trying to suss that Track 3...I have it, just cannot think for the life of me...Knowing the dj might help..

No idea mate sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefrem23 View Post
    No idea mate sorry.
    Post the soundfiles in the Hardcore section on this site mate.
    The tunes are Hardcore

I got the ID on the third clip in another thread, it's Narcomaniac by Generator

Thread Information