Thread: Rare Early 90s Tune ID (HELP!!)

Default Rare Early 90s Tune ID (HELP!!)

I posted this yesterday with a download link but have now uploaded it to youtube to make it easier for people to listen to.

It was taken from a 1992 bedroom demo tape mixed by Steve Lawler I have asked lots of DJ's & clubbers who went to Legends & Hacienda etc but no joy up to now!

Can anybody on here identify it? Massive respect to the person who can!

https://youtu.be/DuWK0k6bp6s

Definitely heard this tune before....

Steve Lawler is a fellow Brummie and was quite low key back then and was playing the bars and clubs in Brum in 1992, so more chance checking club goers for nights in Birmingham like Chuff Chuff, Bakers, Steering Wheel, C.R.E.A.M, Better Way, Cake etc.

Will have a look about and see if I can find out

Cheers ADT your help is much appreciated!

Its got a lot of people stumped so must be a rare ish tune.

There will be a prize for the person who gets it haha!

So familiar this tune but I can't think what it is. Hopefully it will come to me soon.

Yeah its definitely familiar to a lot of people Pluto so must have got some airplay back in the day!

The Asylum - Down By The River

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2_HdhbZcSM

Spaceface you absolute legend!!!! :-) :-) :-)

Send me your email address please mate!

Yeah well in Spaceface. All I had in my head was the label was blue but didn't post that as it wouldn't have helped.

Yes big ups spaceface truly amaze me great id'ing please have a look at my unknowns if you id any of them I would chuck you a reward too my friend
    °•,¸¸,•°``°•®Frº§Tië°_°Hä®Ð©örë° ©™ ²°°³•°``°•,¸¸,•°

@pluto yeah funny how you remember some tunes. It was the blue label plus the word hip that stuck out in my head. Took a bit of wading though hip-house tracks until i finally found it!

@frostie i'll have a listen, but as i said to RetroHouseHead, i'm not interested in rewards. I've have literally hundreds ID'ed on here over the years, and i wouldn't be surprised if you guys have named a few of them. I actually quite like the hunt for those tunes that you just know you have somewhere...

@Spaceface yeah I know m8 its funny how you listen to a tune on here which you know you have but cant remember the name and how rewarding it is when you find it and id it for someone I know how I felt when people have id'ed tracks that I have posted over the years love you guys
    °•,¸¸,•°``°•®Frº§Tië°_°Hä®Ð©örë° ©™ ²°°³•°``°•,¸¸,•°

Cheers for all your help on this guys you don't realise how many 'in the know' people I had asked about this to no avail before coming on here & asking you guys!

Well impressed that someone got it & even better that I've managed to order it from discogs for 50p haha!

I Didn't realise offering cash rewards was against the rules but more than happy to put you on the guest list to one of our events if you ever fancy a good night out Spaceface as a thank you for your help! (I'm guessing that isn't against the rules)

Cheers again boys! ✌��

Thread Information