Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mayday 1992 mixtapes - 14 unknowns - one-click listen

I have a suspicion that the first ID (md92-1a-id1) could be the track "Mayday" (B1) from this EP as there are more tunes from the Spacemate label in that set.
    Space Invader - Space Invader EP (Vinyl) at Discogs

I didn't find any samples of it online. I wonder if someone could check this?

Bumpity... 5 out of 14 has been identified this far (great job!), wonder if the rest could be ID'ed...

md92-2b-id2

The Drift & Dream sample is from here, not sure if its this track pitched up

https://www.discogs.com/Intellectual.../release/34380

Yep, the sample sounds like the same but I think the tune isn't the IHS one... but at least it's "drift and dream" instead of the misheard "three times three" (corrected in the started post). Thanks very much for listening!

md92-2b-id3 = M.B - Feel The Heat (Rave Mix)

https://www.discogs.com/MB-Feel-The-Heat/master/308367

4. md92-1b-id2--3b-id4
    (samples Public Enemy - Power To The People: "and you thought the beat slowed down, come on!")
    I believe that one is Virtual Reality - The Enemy Within
    Discogs only shows it on one of the Hit The Decks volumes.
    I can't find it anywhere online.

It's a top tune that I'd totally forgotten about. Would love to get my hands on a copy of it!!
    Last edited by Dj_Choonz; 24th December 2016 at 12:24 PM.

Sorry for not following up the thread for a while... wow, really amazing IDs, thanks a lot Kammie & DJ_Choonz !!!!

I have updated the list (50% done now)!

Quote Originally Posted by Dj_Choonz View Post
    4. md92-1b-id2--3b-id4
    (samples Public Enemy - Power To The People: "and you thought the beat slowed down, come on!")
    I believe that one is Virtual Reality - The Enemy Within
    Discogs only shows it on one of the Hit The Decks volumes.
    I can't find it anywhere online.
    I'm quite surprised about that tune, from a production standpoint it's extremely well produced... my guess was that it's an obscure T99-related tune (judging from the breakbeat and the bassline). Not being on Discogs could suggest that it's actually a whitelabel or pressed in very limited quantity. Looking forward for further info to emerge!

According to Discogs, Virtual Reality are Martin Smith & Darren Ash who were Megabass and The Mastermixers. They did the Hit The Decks Vol. II mix which features that tune.
    They have a Face book page so you could try to get more info from them directly https://www.facebook.com/Martin.Megabass.Smith/

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dj_Choonz View Post
    According to Discogs, Virtual Reality are Martin Smith & Darren Ash who were Megabass and The Mastermixers. They did the Hit The Decks Vol. II mix which features that tune.
    They have a Face book page so you could try to get more info from them directly https://www.facebook.com/Martin.Megabass.Smith/

Good luck!
    Unfortunately I'm not on FB and not likely to register for the sake of one tune ID... But! On their FB they have a link to their Mixcloud, their newest mix is called Put That Record Back On, a digital mix featuring 1988 tunes with added samples here and there. This made my morning grooooovy (and that's an understatement)!!!! Thanks a million!!!
    Last edited by hightype; 31st January 2017 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kammie View Post
    md92-2b-id3 = M.B - Feel The Heat (Rave Mix)

https://www.discogs.com/MB-Feel-The-Heat/master/308367
    That's also a top tune there... My tip was that it's an obscure UK breakbeat 12", turns out to be from Italy - the original tune is a vocal house track, pretty decent, but the Rave mix is a monster. Quite hard for 1991!

Meanwhile I found out that the Drift & Dream sample featured in md92-2b-id2 (and also Intellectual Harmonious Sanction ‎– Drift & Dream), actually comes from Section 25 - Looking From A Hilltop (1984). I have updated the links in the first post.

Short update on md92-2b-id2 ... just for checking I listened to the previous track in the mix, "Joey Beltram - Fuck All You Mother Fuckers" from beginning to the end, turns out that this "Drift and dream" sample is actually at the end of that track, so it's not a separate ID ... this one is solved (and with this the Joey Beltram mix is complete). Thanks all for contributing!
    Last edited by hightype; 3rd February 2017 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hightype View Post
    I'm quite surprised about that tune, from a production standpoint it's extremely well produced... my guess was that it's an obscure T99-related tune (judging from the breakbeat and the bassline). Not being on Discogs could suggest that it's actually a whitelabel or pressed in very limited quantity. Looking forward for further info to emerge!
    I can clear this one up . It's been bugging me ever since you put the clip up and I finally found it today while going through some tunes for a mix.

Anyway, it's Tribal Trance on https://www.discogs.com/Industrial-T.../release/31281

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Zykotik View Post
    I can clear this one up . It's been bugging me ever since you put the clip up and I finally found it today while going through some tunes for a mix.

Anyway, it's Tribal Trance on https://www.discogs.com/Industrial-T.../release/31281
    Oh yes, this is a HUGE find!!! It's a great news to know that this tune has a full release and not an impossible-to-find whitelabel! (Since it appears twice in the Mayday mixtapes, I initially thought this was a promo/dubplate that somebody sold at the event.) Thanks so much - I have updated the original post! (talk about rare updates btw.)

Thread Information