Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any indie dance spotters out there?

Default Any indie dance spotters out there?

My favourite for spotting this one recognizes it but cannot ID it. So, come on you lot, I can't believe this is so rare. 1990 or maybe bit before.

http://www.bowersandbarr.co.uk/cazza/1990indiedance.rm

Eternally gratefully yours.

Default hhhmmm

listened to that en times now is really bugging me that i don't know it. my money at the moment is on that petrol emotion OR paris angels. will keep digging ....

It has me stumped, I do recognise it tho. Doubt it's a Petrol Emotion as it's too chilled, and I can't think of a record they did without using the vocoder.
    Wildpitch

I wish my puter had speakers on but I reckon its gonna be "Perfume by the Paris angels" (thats if it goes "I left it up to youououooow")

Pauly P

Originally posted by pauly p
    I wish my puter had speakers on but I reckon its gonna be "Perfume by the Paris angels" (thats if it goes "I left it up to youououooow")

Pauly P
    nope, tisn't that, idon't think it's paris angels at all.

perfume - top tune btw

Default okay u mudder funkersters

now i'm thinking it's by IF? but who knows. voice seems sooo familiar. must be a bit obscure cause google doesn't recognise any of the lyrics

Default Re: okay u mudder funkersters

Originally posted by nathan
    now i'm thinking it's by IF? but who knows. voice seems sooo familiar. must be a bit obscure cause google doesn't recognise any of the lyrics
    I have a shed load of If 12's, I don't think this is one of them. I know what you mean about the vocalist, sounds James like, perhaps not but it's something that you would of heard singing somewhere else.
    Wildpitch

this vocalist sounds like the same bloke who sang the theme tune to tinsel town off bbc2 - the jock nightclub n drug dealers etc

the lyrics are very similar as well

will find out the name of them

cant find it

the theme tune was the one which goes "burn hollywood burn" etc, not leftfield feat john lydon was it?

cos it sounds well like him does that same u put up cazza

Default i think we can safely

rule out john lydon could well be leftfield or grid on the mix though

defos sounds like their sound of shit......

the vocal is like tinsel town thing mind

Sorry peeps - my computer's on the blink today. But do you know what? I love you lot. I'm learning things day by day. Keep going tho (with this one) please.

btw isn't anyone interested in my other ID I put in same time this one? gotta go now. got a v. important date - back at 9.45!!

Default is that an important

date with a sweaty fat bloke calling numbers out dahlin???
    lol

Originally posted by wildpitch
    It has me stumped, I do recognise it tho. Doubt it's a Petrol Emotion as it's too chilled, and I can't think of a record they did without using the vocoder.
    It isn't any of the TPE 12's I have but I was wrong about the vocoder, can't think who I was thinking about there. Cheers for mentioning them Nathan as it made me check them out again. They didn't half have some ideas for mix names, "Bovin Spongiform Encephalopathy Mix". Forgot about that mini crisis we had in the UK.
    Wildpitch

Originally posted by nathan
    date with a sweaty fat bloke calling numbers out dahlin???
    lol
    Yeah but he's thin and slimey and when he calls out 6 & 9, my m8 shouts out Dinner for Two. lols.

I still need me ID tho. Plus I'm gonna research some of those names given out in this thread. I've only heard of about 3. Were all those others around in 1990. My 1990 tapes all come from the same source and so far 3 haven't been ID'd. I've loads more to put on once I've sorted both myself and my dodgy computer.

Big thanks to all those joining in the ID.

Thread Information