Thread: 1990 Underground, Deep Techno with amazing intro & strings - one of the best ever!

Default 1990 Underground, Deep Techno with amazing intro & strings - one of the best ever!

still wanted,
    1990/91, extremely unknown techno stormer,
    amazing buildt up, great strings, dark & mysterious intro & break, ebm'ish beginning.

i assume it's an italian production.
    style is somewhere between joey beltram, sa 42, man machine,
    but does not fit to any cliché or specific producer.

badly wanted :-)
    thanks for any hint on this great track!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yeah, shame this aint solved yet proper tune

btw - ur the fella who did those 4 Get Into Magic - A Tribute To Torsten Fenslau mixes?

if so, massive shout of respect, excellent mixed and proper tunes and vibe and atmosphere, top job <3

Old Skool Anthemz

*** INTO THE SONIK UNDERGROUND ***

yeah, i was me, glad you like 'em!

20 years ago when torsten died (he was and is my biggest idol and brought me into techno & house) i was totally destroyed, i knew nothing would be the same here.

his sets, especially from the 80s (he already started in 82, and also created mixtures of self programmed sequences, live playout, and records in the mid 80s) and from 1990 and 91 created an incredible, electrified atmosphere that completely took control over the listeners ^^ i was 11 years old in 1990, it just blew me away.
    he also was known as the "intro king", i think more than 40 intros were floating around in the first years, i will never forget the radio specials (and every year tributes) on the radio station HR3 (torsten was founder of the legendary "clubnight" there) and RpR,
    when he died (on the day he would have had the next show, a lot of people were waiting for and then got that message through the 18 pm news).

my aim was to come close to the atmosphere he created (although this is not possible today, as the stuff was new in 1990, and today people have become accustomed to the techno sound in general, and are not "flashed" the same way it was back then).

as most people "jumped on the train" from 1993 on, many only know him for the late culture beat stuff, what totally misses the point, as he had a lot of great underground and club productions, as far i know, he did not even produce "mr. vain" himself (what i hate since 1993), but the earlier productions for CB like "cherry lips", "no deeper meaning", "i like you" ..

may i ask how you came across that mix? i posted it on his 20th date of death as a tribute on facebook.

here just one example of the atmosphere i mean ...
    (unreleased torsten fenslau edit of some great tracks, that had been stolen from DAT the night he died)..in the 90s, i was heavily diggin for that one, thinking it would be one record ^^
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK9hOPcCmlI

Someone linked to it on FB, thats why I know it

And yer right, his earlier productions breath all that same Fenslau vibe, when ya hear a track he did for the first time without knowing it.. ya know its him, he was a gifted producer taken way to early .. but his musical heritage lives on

Old Skool Anthemz

Funny ya mention the Culture Beat stuff, it was indeed the first twelves where he got involved making it good gems, after that ya heard the hand of others in the production..

Fenslau for me is that magical, deep warm sound only he could create

Old Skool Anthemz

Thread Information