Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sound Factory (Plymouth) IDs 1996-1999

I'm so glad that you've managed to fathom the Physical Motion - Mystery track - I've been after this little gem since the days of the Sound Factory (1997-98). Do you have any of the old mixes of Steve's that feature this track on it? I could only find the mix from the Monastery in 98 but he did another tape which featured the TDV's the Dawn, Mario+ More - All I Need, Dominator 98, Bassline - Acid is Back etc... - If you have a copy of this tape I would be sooooo chuffed?!

Hello mate, glad to help!

I think you mean this tape:

https://archive.org/details/SteveEdw...orquay28091998

Has those trakcs (except black is black) and Physical Motion is the missing one on it.

These were all the tapes steve could dig up - he has some Dats / minidisc though that he will dig out for me to rip.

Nice one!

Louk

Hi Louk

Thanks for getting back to me - really appreciate your help!

Unfortunately this isn't the particular mix/tape I was after. The tape was definitely a Sound Factory Saturday night mix because I remember Steve stating it half way through ...it started with Bassline - Acid Is Back ..then it was Human Resource - Dominator 98 ...The Shrink ...Moonman - Don't Be Afraid ...Mario+More - All I Need ...Klubbheadz v Sasha - I'm Still Waiting ..etc. On the flip it has Scoober & Sticks - Do It Like This ..Chopper - 7 Hours In A Bathroom ...etc. it also featured TDV's - The Dawn ...Physical Motion - Mystery ...Binary Finary which it ended on I believe?

I used to have a copy of this however it was pinched, along with a load of personal mixes from my car years ago - rather annoying!

Anyway, if you know of anyone with a copy of this tape, or perhaps Steve has knowledge, it will of course be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for your help!

Tom

Sorry mate, didn't concentrate when I wrote that msg, thought you meant mixes from the monastery with it on. I have one sound factory mix with it on - it's not the same one sadly, would like to hear the tape though! Not sure steve still has it as he gave me pretty much all his old tapes.

Steve Edwards - Live @ Sound Factory (Plymouth) - August 1998

00' Funky Choad - The Ultimate (Tall Paul Mix) [FFRR]
    07' Recall 22 - Subimos Juntos (Perpetual Motion Mix) [Champion]
    12' Taiko - Echo Drop (Jonesey Mix) [Southeast]
    18' Jonesey - Independence [Caged]
    25' Tin Tin Out - Sometimes (Baby Blue Mix) [VC]
    30' Mac Zimms - Feel What I'm Feelin [2 Play]
    35' Spacedust - Music Feels Good With You [White]
    41' D-Tune - Burning Down [2 Play]
    46'
    49' 2 Slags - Restless (F1 Mix) [Tripoli Trax]
    54' Geoff Lawz Project - Sweat [Plush Plastique]
    59' Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar (Nalin + Kane Mix) [Hooj]
    66' Stone Factory - New Sunset (Groove Alert Mix) [Crescendo Songs]
    71' Physical Motion - Mystery [Club Nautique]
    75' Inner Sanctum - How Soon Is Now (Heliotropic Mix) [Malarky]
    81' Subliminal Cuts - Le Voie Le Soleil (Way Out West Mix) [XL]
    87' Paul Van Dyk - For An Angel [Deviant]

Got loads of his other mixes though from S.F and Monastery and club 97 mixes.

Louk

Hi Louk
    Had a bit of a mare with the site & somehow cannot log in with my previous username?! ..new created!
    Thanks for the reply! This has 2 Slags - Restless on which also featured on the tape I was after & I believe it was slightly earlier than this in 1998 ..perhaps spring time? It was one of Steve's best tapes at the time - he must remember it - it was a banger!
    It'd be good if I could download or somehow copy some of the old mixes from around this time if indeed they are available online, or through another method of sharing files? I loved the tunes from this era & always will. I still have over 4000 vinyl but have retired from DJing due to family commitments. My private email is [email protected] should you be able to somehow upload any files or use any file sharing program's? If Steve remembers this particular mix (I knew it as Sound Factory tape 4, although it could be just a random name one of the boys have it??) which started with Bassline, then dominator, then The Shrink, Moonman etc... it would be a step in the right direction, & if he knows anyone who may have a copy, I would be made up!
    Thanks again for your help!
    Tom

Bump

Thread Information