Thread: Throw your hands up in the air?

Default Throw your hands up in the air?

sup brethren und sisteren?

i'm not fuming over the unidentified tracks from my last posts, but i'm stumped now over this one song i can hear in my head... i know a bunch of you can probably identify it.

i think it's 91 or maybe earlier.

has prominent sample "throw your hands(? head?) up in the air" and i think that was used in several songs. i've heard that sample in at least one other.

there is also another recurrent sample, female vocals, saying something and i don't remember what it is, but i think what she's saying is the title of the song.
    the tempo is not too fast on the song either.

i'm sure it was very popular in it's day, which is why i'm sure someone will ID it quick. i remember it from years ago, and recently encountered it on youtube. don't remember the name...

HELP
    and thank you

hope i haven't confused samples in a song, i'm sure what i described is correct. guess we;ll see, huh?
    Last edited by Freakazoid9000; 30th September 2011 at 05:32 AM.

I actually have the sample here, just not the right song!

Throw your ??? head?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fierce Ruling Diva -Rubb It In?

Quote Originally Posted by leebartman View Post
    Fierce Ruling Diva -Rubb It In?
    Excellent!

Hee hee! Thanks. That's totally it.

Fierce Ruling Diva ~ Rubb It In (Original Mix) - YouTube

What's that sample? "Throw your head/hair up in the air"

Anyone know?
    Last edited by Freakazoid9000; 1st October 2011 at 04:04 PM.

FFS, it was that obvious I didnt posted FRD haha LOL

vocal is from Ellis-D - My Loleatta (Dish Apella)

sampled to death to a zillion toonz

Ellis-D - My Loleatta (Vinyl) at Discogs

Old Skool Anthemz

*** INTO THE SONIK UNDERGROUND ***

Bruce Forest (legendary remixer & Better Days, NYC DJ) about this cut :

"I sure do [know the acapella recording by Loleatta Holloway]. I recorded it. And anyone who tells you different is either wrong, or lying. Here's the story:In 1985, Loleatta Holloway did a rare live performance at Better Days. Rare, because she didn't do many, and Better Days did very few livedates as well. The main reason was that BD was a round room, and the feedback problems with 30,000 watts of subwoofer output was serious. But Loleattay was an exception. Along with First Choice, she was the most important artist for the Better Days crowd.
    I recorded the gig on reel to reel tape. I edited out all the music, and kept just the spoken vocal, consisting of lots of 'trash talk' and cool sexual innuendo.

For a long time, I used to lay the vocal over various instrumentals, ranging from house tracks, to MFSB's Love is the Message. The speaking part was in sections and lasted about forty minutes in total. The crowd went NUTS for it, and it became my trademark. Many people asked for a copy, but I promised Loleatta that I wouldn't ever give it out. However, Shep Pettibone, my friend at the time, did a relief spot for me one night, and helped himself to a copy, against my direct wishes. He gave this copy to Junior Vasquez, who promptly took my idea, laid the vocal over a house track and made a record called 'My Loleatta.'It was a mild success, and he made a few more. He also actually put the acappella on a 12" and sold it. I was furious, and so was Loleatta. Too late though. The spoken vocal, copied off Junior's record has been on dozens of records, and it both makes me feel nostalgic, and pisses me off every time I hear it. Hope this helps. Spread the word if you like."

Bruce Forest, email, Fri, 24 Jul 1998"

Old Skool Anthemz

Quote Originally Posted by BUNKERHEADZ View Post
    FFS, it was that obvious I didnt posted FRD haha LOL

vocal is from Ellis-D - My Loleatta (Dish Apella)
    I'll check it out, thanks.

What's FFS?

I was pretty sure it would be obvious. Sounds like it was one of those tracks that was popular. Heard it years ago and recently saw it on youtube somewhere, and it popped into my
    head, but couldn't remember who did it.

I also have a snippet of a Fierce Diva mix of Atomic Slide/Believe in Me, but had trouble finding the exact mix. I suppose I could torture myself and listen to all of them. There must be tons of versions for it.
    Actually, I will be uploading some snippets from that tape soon. It's fun!

Speaking of samples, does someone know of a good website dedicated to samples and their origins? Haven't really looked. It would be interesting to find where some of those come from.
    Last edited by Freakazoid9000; 3rd October 2011 at 09:10 AM.

Old Skool Anthemz

Thread Information