Thread: Get Funky

pacman is offline Board Addict, Exeter Expert & Captain Codshite!!

Default Get Funky

Classic oldskool hardcore tune, never remembered to get an id on it despite buzzing off it for years:

The break is a 'similar' sound to edge 1, with male vocals "Ge-Ge-Get Funfy, Ge-Ge-Get down".

Shite description I know, sorry but it aint easy to describe.

Help pls peeps!

------------------------------------------------
    "The rumour that computer games have an adverse affect on children is just plain nuts. If Pacman ever affected us as kids, we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching strange pills and listening to repetitive music"

hmmm MDEMM - Get down ????

Rngs a bell that mate, what year is it cos the one im after I would guess is 92??

"The rumour that computer games have an adverse affect on children is just plain nuts. If Pacman ever affected us as kids, we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching strange pills and listening to repetitive music"

Its from late 91 but was played loads in 92 as well as it was one of the biggest tunes around, when you said its similar to edge 1 are you sure you dont mean rabbit city 1 as its very similar to that.

Hmm, the 'break' bit is like Edge 1 - Shite its difficult to explain lol, the 'der,der'der der der der...der.der" oh for feks sake!

Got quite a few MDEMM 12's but not one with this name, I take it y'all know MDEMM is Dave Lee / Joey Negro?

I always thought it was Mark Ryder who did MDEMM. 'Get down' is very similar to the other one they did (Move your feet?).......Strictly Underground records.

I also thought it was Rabbit City who 'lifted' the riff from Mdemm, not the other way round............. hones:.

Sirius.
    The greatest mistake we make is to lose sight of the fact that now, at its basic form, is no different to the past, and that now is just another part of history for those who dwell after our bones are dust. Sirius:2004

Originally posted by sirius
    I also thought it was Rabbit City who 'lifted' the riff from Mdemm, not the other way round............. hones:.

Sirius.

Yeah, its gotta be the case mate.

So, do we think MDEMM is me tune??

You're right'ish Sirius. MDEMM was originally Dave Lee and Mark Ryder, I think Dave Lee may of opted out at some point, the few of mine that actually have some writing on give them both credits, and I think all of mine are from 88/89/90.

Thats the baby, thanks alot Jaz and everyone else - Appreciated.

Thread Information