Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Sasha tunes

Default 3 Sasha tunes

3 more tracks for you lot to help me with.

the first two here are very similar, could even be the same but different mixes as only one other tune is between them (i.e. he plays one, mixes out, turns it over & puts it on the other deck) - although i'm not sure.

the third is a classic.

starts with piano melody (on its own) before lyrics go,
    " aaaarrrrhhh yeeeaaahh. cumon cumon, aaaarrrrhhh yeeeaaahh" then piano kicks in - "i'm gonna get you, i'm gonna get you boy. i'm gonna get you, i'm gonna get you boy" x 2 before it samples recless - karnage's "ooohhh yeeeaaahh" - then more piano (hurrah!)

then chorus, "you'll leave at last, coz you know i'm goin too fast, and of course this is only a test - CUMON, CUMON, you'll leave at last, coz you know i'm goin too fast, and of course this is only a test - BABY, BABY, BABY YOU WILL SEE-gonna feel your love and make it miiinnee - i'm gonna get you, i'm gonna get you boy. i'm gonna get you, YES I AM" etc, etc, etc.

lots of samples in that one!hones:

starts with big piano & lyrics "baby you will see, love-love" x 4" then, "its alright i love you, its alright i need you, its alright i love you (as featured in "S-Bam - take me away") - yeeaahh, yeeaah, yeeaah.

then throughout it uses a lot of the same samples as the tune above " yes i am" "cumon cumon" "i'm gonna get you, yes i am" etc, etc.

sorry, i'm so shite at describin tunes.....

starts with "superman/the planets" compositional piece (you know the one) "de de de de....de de de ....deerr...deerr....derr" - anyone who goes to see Leeds Utd reguarly - they come out to this piece of music at the start of the game!!!

then slow piano melody, followed by quiet bongos and beat. and slow piano, before a fast/big piano kicks in with a lyric.

then lyrics "it is the night, my body's weak, yeess, i'm on the run, ....i've got to ride - ride like the wind, to feel free again. and i've got such a long way to go, to make it to the corner of mexico - so i ride, like the wind" etc, etc.

am i right in thinkin this last one is called "corner of mexico?"

there..... i'm done cheers for the help mates.
    if any of you want a copy of this tape, pm me and i'll send it out (as long as its not half the population who want one).

3 of my all time faves these, just a pity i cant hear them in a club as often as i can in my car/room!!

later,

DannyR.

feckin ell- that took a while...

#3 sounds like East Side Beat - Ride Like The Wind

#1 Sounds like a cross between G and V Jay - Get The Boy and Fidelfatti. Doubt it's either though cause it also sounds like DJ H, could it be DJ H with a pella on top?

cheers mike , if thats the one. - does it start with that space compositional music piece??? sash hasn't just played that before it????

and "wildpitch" - dont think its Dj H, coz it definately aint a pella whats bein used - i'll check the other two you mentioned out thou.

i've got to admit it - i've never heard this tune anywhere else ever. i thought it wud av been an easy one to crack since its got so many well known samples.......as i mentioned b4, i aint got the equip. at the moment to put it up - do you want a copy of the tape instead mate??

cheers guys

danny_r

Just a bit more info for you, I think Fidelfatti is like 100BPM'ish and G and V Jay maybe around 110-115. Neither of them are full on dancefloor screamers.

Originally posted by Danny_R
    cheers mike , if thats the one. - does it start with that space compositional music piece??? sash hasn't just played that before it????
    While the tape you're on about doesn't sound familiar, I have a few sasha tapes and he did sometimes play that kind of music (space odyssey type of stuff) in his sets in between records, so this probably isn't part of the tune.

Default Re: 3 Sasha tunes

Originally posted by Danny_R
    starts with piano melody (on its own) before lyrics go,
    " aaaarrrrhhh yeeeaaahh. cumon cumon, aaaarrrrhhh yeeeaaahh" then piano kicks in - "i'm gonna get you, i'm gonna get you boy. i'm gonna get you, i'm gonna get you boy" x 2 before it samples recless - karnage's "ooohhh yeeeaaahh" - then more piano (hurrah!)

then chorus, "you'll leave at last, coz you know i'm goin too fast, and of course this is only a test - CUMON, CUMON, you'll leave at last, coz you know i'm goin too fast, and of course this is only a test - BABY, BABY, BABY YOU WILL SEE-gonna feel your love and make it miiinnee - i'm gonna get you, i'm gonna get you boy. i'm gonna get you, YES I AM" etc, etc, etc.

lots of samples in that one!hones:

This sounds most definately like the tune WILDPITCH stated - G & V JAY - IM GONNA GET THE BOY

then lyrics "it is the night, my body's weak, yeess, i'm on the run, ....i've got to ride - ride like the wind, to feel free again. and i've got such a long way to go, to make it to the corner of mexico - so i ride, like the wind" etc, etc.

This one sounds like 'EAST SIDE BEAT - RIDE LIKE THE WIND"

2 sounds like

bizzare inc - im gonna get you - ive only ever heard sasha play the todd terry mix - and East side beat - ride like the wind hmmmmm
    out of 300 sasha sets ive got ive never heard him play this, what is the mixin like and can ya name any more tunes on the sets, can normally tell from the other tunes

al

must of ad an off nite

trust me mate it's sash alright......a couple of his signature tunes are on it for one e.g. Black Riot, and his infamous scratchin is throughout it, you know wat i mean - the simple scratchin of pianos etc.

i have to admit thou - out of all my sasha tapes, this one has all the least weel-known tunes and tunes that have i still dont know the names of to this day.

a few thats on it:

linda ray & pierre feroldi - movin now
    4 for the money - moment in time
    black riot
    relight my fire

and like i sed b4, on an earlier post - ive neva heard these tunes b4 on any other tapes/at clubs etc so i realise they're pretty rare. also, these are tunes i wouldnt eva expect to have heard sasha play (more likely to here at GTs or sumet) but it is him whos mixin - you just know it is (the mixin is spot on by the way! - well apart from the usual tweeks)

later,

danny_r

oh....and track#2 aint bizarre inc - its knowt like any of the mixes there of this one. cheers thou mate.

throughout 1 and 2 there is a big piano with lyrics throughout, no breakdowns or owt. next week i'll be able to get them up on the comp. so yous can make sure.

soz thats all i can give you boys (neva was much gud at describin tunes)..

later

danny_r

Danny mucka any chance of a copy of said tape and a list of what sasha tapes ya got, ill swap ya a few take ya pick out of this lot - proper sasha mad i am even down to trklistin the tapes and gettin all the mp3's lol

upto you cheers m8

al

Sasha - bedroom mix feb 1990
    Sasha - studio mix - march 91
    Sasha - studio oct 89
    Sasha - front room mix nov 90
    Sasha - Delight 28th Dec 90 (B)
    Sasha - Delight 28th Dec 90 (a)
    Sasha - Delight Shelleys 1990- nov 3
    Sasha - Delight Shelleys 1990nov 4
    Sasha - Delight Shelleys 8, 90 (a)
    Sasha - Delight Shelleys 8, 90 (b)
    Sasha - Mixmag Shelleys 6,91 (B)
    Sasha - Mixmag Shelleys 6,91 (a)
    Sasha - Shelleys 12,90 (2) a
    Sasha - Shelleys 12,90 (2) b
    Sasha - Shelleys Dec 11th 90 no 1 (b)
    Sasha - Shelleys Dec 11th 90 no 1 (a)
    Sasha - Shelleys Nov 90 no 2 (b)
    Sasha - Shelleys Nov 90 no 2(a)
    sasha - shelleys 90
    Sasha & Mike Pickering - Shelleys 91 (B)
    Sasha & Mike pickering - Shelleys 91 (A)
    Sasha - Delight March 91 (a)
    Sasha - Delight March 91 (b)
    Sasha - Delight feb 1991 (a)
    Sasha - Delight feb 1991 (b)
    Sasha - Delight jan 1991 (a)
    Sasha - Delight jan 1991 (b)
    Sasha - Delight june 91 (a)
    Sasha - Delight june 91 (b)
    Sasha & Dave Seaman (Side A) - Shelleys, 1991
    Sasha & Dave Seaman (Side B) - Shelleys, 1991
    Sasha, Delight @ Shelleys 31.12.90 ( 90 mins)
    Sasha - Shelleys Mixmag jan 92 (last set) (a)
    Sasha - Shelleys mixmag jan 92 (last set) b
    Sasha @ Shelleys 1991 Delight April (a) 1
    Sasha @ Shelleys 1991 Delight April (b) 1
    Sasha @ Shelleys 1992
    Sasha @ Shelleys mixmag Feb 1991 2 (b)
    Sasha @ Shelleys mixmag feb 1991 2 (a)
    1991, Side B - Sasha Mix Tape
    1991, Side A - Sasha Mix Tape
    Sasha, Delight @ Shelleys 31.12.90 ( 90 mins)
    DAZ WILLOT - AMNESIA SHELLEYS 1992
    Dj vertigo - Found (a)
    Dj Vertigo - Found (b)
    Entropy @ Shelleys - Daz Willot, 1991
    Entropy @ Shelleys - DJ Slipmatt, 1991
    Unknown Artist - Untitled
    Sasha - hacienda 1990
    Sasha - hypnosis 1989
    Sasha - coast 2 coast 91 (b).mp3
    Sasha - Coast 2 Coast 1991 (a)
    Sasha - Addiction Dec 1991
    Sasha - Busbys Manc march 1990 (A)
    Sasha - Rennaissance 92 (b).mp3
    Sasha - Rennaissance 92.mp3
    Sasha & Laurent Garnier - The Eclipse 1992
    Sasha & Matthew B @ The Eclipse 1991
    sasha - Kaos NYE 91 2b.mp3
    Sasha + Nipper - Eclipse 1991.mp3
    Sasha @ Liberty, Manhattan Heights, Blackburn 15.8.91
    Sasha - Busbys Manc march 1990 (B)
    Sasha - Pandemonium ( telford 91) a
    Sasha - Busbys 90 (2) b
    Sasha - busbys 90 (2) a
    Parks & Wilson @ Eclipse 1991 - Untitled
    Daz Willot - Entropy 92 (1) b
    Dj Carl Cox & Dj Face Battle of the Dj’s - 1989 - 2
    Dj Carl Cox & Dj Face Battle of the Dj’s - 1989 - 1
    Spinmasters - Thunderdome ny eve 89 a
    Spinmasters - thunderdome n y eve 89 (b)
    greame park - hacienda 89
    greame park - jon da silva 89
    hacienda - Nude Graeme Parke & Mike Pickering August 1989
    Sasha - One Love 2 - Side A
    Sasha - One Love 2 - Side B
    Mike Pickering - Corn Exchange - Leeds - Side A
    Mike Pickering - Corn Exchange - Leeds - Side B
    Daz Willot - Entropy, stoke-on - Untitled
    Matt Bell & Chris Baker @ The Zone
    Matt Bell - Zone (92) a
    Matt Bell - Zone (92) b
    Matt bell - Blackpool (A)
    Nipper - Wigan Pier - 1991
    Pig C - Shelleys
    Slipmatt & Lime - JJ's, Willenhall May 1992
    Vertigo Xmas Eve 1991
    laurent garnier - shelleys (A)
    laurent garnier - shelleys (b)
    nipper - hacienda - classics
    greame park mike pickering - hacienda
    gremae park - hacienda june 91
    greame park - hacienda 1992
    greame park - hacienda 1992 aug
    dj ralphy - shelleys
    dj phantasy 1990

Thats a feckin lot of tapes!!

Holy moly. That's some feckin collection you have there. You're not stalking him as well are ya.

turpieaj Guest

Default holy moly

Even Sasha is impressed with his collection aint that right Al??

yeah man - pm me your address, and i'll get a few off to you, not got as nearly as much a selection as that to chose from thou!!!

i'll send about four off today if you wants (if you can ge me your address by today, if not 2moz - or watever) - and i'll mark the tape in question - i think you'll find it interesting, coz it has so many rare tunes - compared to his normal old stuff, where you could more or less expect wat type of tune would be comin in - classic everytime!

i'll just pick a few that i dont think i can see in that list - althou you may have em (like a sasha @ shellys for e.g)

oh and if you get that tape b4 i sort me comp. out, will you do us a favour and put clips of the 3/4 tunes i'm on about up on the board - cheers man.

later,

danny_r.

Thread Information