Thread: huge colin faver/dale tape collection advice!

Default huge colin faver/dale tape collection advice!

hi everyone i have a huge collection of old colin faver/dale tapes from kiss100fm and i would like to convert them to mp3 so i can id/share them but i no longer own a cassette player so any advice on the best way to go about this would be fantastic, thanks in advance

You'll need to borrow/buy a tape deck and buy a 3.5mm jack to phono rca cable.

3.5mm Jack to 2 x RCA Phono Stereo Audio Cable 3m Lead on eBay (end time 29-Mar-11 16:51:55 BST)

Then download: Audacity - it's a free recording software and very easy to use.

Just plug the rca into the tape deck and the 3.5mm jack into your computers mic input, set audacity to microphone, press record on audacity, hit play on the tape deck and your away!!!

Stevee0303

many thanks Stevee0303 that sounds easy enough, i think i have one of those cables somewhere - time to go tape deck shopping!

If your in the UK head to your nearest car boot sale, if I had a quid for every cassette player i'd seen at one i'd be rich!!

Plenty of decent Technics ones to be had for pennies!!

thats a good idea burnsey602 but boot fair season aint started round here yet, but there's a nice little second hand audio shop just up the road.....

thats an amazing thread for sure Bunkerheadz, should save me some work!

Thread Information