Thread: ..you had it all wrong (AWOL backroom piano anthem)

Default ..you had it all wrong (AWOL backroom piano anthem)

hi.. does anybody know this tune - it is kind of early house / breakbeat from i guess around 1994 but not sure. it has a vocal which says something like "you had it ..you had it all wrong" then it goes into a nice piano riff and soaring synth pads followed by a long vocal "woooohooooo" (truss me -it sounds a lot better listened to than typed!).

it was unusual at the time because it was slow compared to the mayhem going on in the main room - it was prob around 120bpm. i'm pretty sure they use to play this in the chillout room at AWOL, Paradise Club and on Centerforce but memories a bit fuzzy now i just woke up with it on repeat in my head and remembered how much i loved it for some reason today. anyways, sorry for the longgg post - maybe you can help? cheers!

Default ..you had it all 'boy' (AWOL backroom piano anthem)

Many Thanks Olly - you got it

++Extra kudos for getting it from my slightly snaffled description - the lyrics actually say '..all boy' and the bpm sounds a lot faster than 120

Discogs says it is Side B1, Blow Out (Part 2) and the year is 1993.

Many happy memories bouncing around to this one (apparently early T-Power!) - cheers bud!

Thread Information