Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oakenfold IDs (PART 6) 1985

Also, I did some more research on this mix, and discopatrick got back to me regarding it. It was uncredited on that 12" cut of AW 200, and his discopatrick logo appears on the record label as a watermark since many people would just take images from his site without giving him credit. So that's why his name appears on the image. Also, the AWESOME series wasn't pressed until 1987/1988. This mastermix was broadcast with Oakenfold in 1985 on Kiss 94FM. In the very beginning, as you can hear in sample 006, he says something along the lines of, "alright mastermix live and direct with myself Paul Oakenfold and my engineer Woody Wood". I found out that Woody was a high school m8 of oakey's back in the day. This must be the same person known as Woody Wood. I'm almost fully positive this mix was in fact created by oakenfold and woody wood. To me it doesn't make sense that oakenfold would announce his engineer as part of the intro if the engineer didn't have anything to do with the mastermix. I'm going to try and get in touch with rich colour, the guy who originally recorded this mastermix to tape back in 1985 himself to see if there's anything he knows or can remember from the times this mix was broadcast on kiss back then.

Thanks again for the help everyone!
    Do you know any of these Oakenfold IDs (1985-1999)?
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkpHSZYSIqb637LaOT93lsCqmhUwODiQp

Listen to Paul Oakenfold mixes and live sets at www.oakenfoldmixes.com

Anybody want to attempt the remaining ones? They've proven to be quite difficult.
    Do you know any of these Oakenfold IDs (1985-1999)?
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkpHSZYSIqb637LaOT93lsCqmhUwODiQp

Listen to Paul Oakenfold mixes and live sets at www.oakenfoldmixes.com

Thread Information