Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another batch of DiY oldies

Quote Originally Posted by nickp4 View Post
    How do you know that? I am sure this track was made by DK and Damien Stanley.
    I'm sure it was.

Ressla over at youtube said (when talking about the other side track)...

Quote Originally Posted by ressla@youtube
    This record was released in 1992, and originally commissioned/produced by a house music loving property developer ( Andy Kilner). He had just opened a record shop in Sheffield called New World Record Corporation, hence the title.

The track was engineered/co-produced/mixed by Robert Gordon of the Forgemasters.
    Anyone who heard the original master tape will tell you how amazing it sounded.

However,as you can hear, the sound quality of this recording is poor in a Chicago-trax-recycled-vinyl kind of way. That's a result of the old cutting machine that Rob Gordon used to master the vinyl. The lathe used to belong to Berry Gordy of Motown and was used to cut all the old Motown hits ,like Diana Ross , Jacksons etc and so had been in use for nearly 30 years and was pretty knackered.

Also to add to that, somebody apparently spilt water over the stampers (how?). I cant imagine that would have helped.

The B side had a mix by travelling sound system people DIY who had at the time just released a single on WARP.
    Interesting story anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ComaProject View Post
    I'm sure it was.

Ressla over at youtube said (when talking about the other side track)...

Interesting story anyway.
    Thanks for that, interesting going through the stuff Ressia has posted.

fantastic tune that new world corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by nickp4 View Post
    No problem, respect to all fellow diy grooves!!!
    Cajmere Featuring Derrick Carter - Dreaming track can be found on Various - The Many Shades Of Cajual. Might be a cheaper option.
    DK at home track I have will try and find it, sure it is a chez damier or ron trent track.
    dream states was recently re-released Brighter Days Juno Records

Jack Bounce is this - Da Silva's Soundstation Fix Mix, not the Testimonial mix as per the 27 Forever/Mello remixes...

YouTube - a.c.r - 27 forever - da silva's soundstation fix mix 1992
    A Certain Ratio - 27 Forever Remixes - Discogs Marketplace

Thread Information