Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ***£20 reward for a correct id*** eurodance 94/95 (played on radio in USA)

AaronJ, I msg'd you, dunno if you ever got it - anyway here's the gist of it:

As strange as this may first sound, I'd be surprised if the tune isn't Italian ...

Bunker mentioned Culture Beat but imo this tune starts off very much like More & More from CHP, with the beat coming in, the rattle, & bkgd organ during rap etc., so one might think this is German. BUT if you check out German & most euro esp. post-1993 (you say the tune is 1994-5), it's generally produced with loud buzzing synths, which is not the case here. The synth work is rather subdued I find, much more typical of an Italian production imo, so possibly this is something on one the Dig It Int'l labels? (for example)

Hope it helps. cidey

hi there cidey, ur logic is possibly correct, but it is also possibly totally incorrect and im afraid i really cant say anything about the whereabouts of the tune because honestly i just dont know

i think the only chance of getting this song ided is by total luck in that some1 that actually knows what it is comes across the thread and gives us the information

and i think to make that more possible, the more threads with this sample that are posted around the internet and world, the more chance there is of sum1 seeing it

the only information i know for a fact about this tune is that it was played on a radio station in lebanon, USA around 1995. maybe it would be best to ask on some american forums and i may well do that in the near future. this song is seriously frustrating, myself and quite a few other people have been tryna get it ided for literally years now, but no luck

i wish i could find it, maybe i will sometime

AJ,

The only other tune I've heard similar synths in is the album version of Cappella - Move It Up, but I don't think this is Cappella-related - you could X-ref the producers though.

Have you tried the discogs ID forums as well? Imo you'd have far better luck there than in any US forum, as I figure US kids were a lot more into rap/urban grooves in the 90s.

I believe the biggest dance label in the US (or one of them?) was Radikal Records in New Jersey, but imo the tune is way too obscure to be on Radikal. The only other conceivable NA label I can think of is Quality Records. You could try mailing them for suggestions if nothing better.

Again, I'd be leaning towards the Dig It International labels, as many tunes were released on 12" only, have uncredited vocalists, etc. so remain fairly obscure even now. You could also try mailing the Saifam group in Italy, Dance Street Records in Germany etc., but try the discogs forums first.

Good luck! cidey

AJ,

Just thought of something else: listen to the Extended Mix of Mars Plastic - Find The Way.

The "atmosphere" is similar I find (minus of course the rap), though as I mentioned the synth work in Italian tunes isn't normally as harsh/buzzing as in FTW - it's somewhat an exception here. But the main reason I mention MP is that MP remixed a lot of Cappella tunes (I mentioned Cappella before).

So you could try other releases in the general area.

Cheers, c

i appreciate your efforts cidey, but i have been searching for this song for some time now, and so have alot of people that i know and between us there is a mass of eurodance knowledge, and if the answer was to simply check out the common eurodance artists that u mention, then i guarantee you we would have named the tune by now

this sample is totally unknown. my guess is its by an artist that only possibly made this 1 song and it featured on a promo vinyl and thats possibly all

the only chance of getting it id'd is really if some1 that knows exactly what it is hears the sample. no amounts of guess work will lead u to identifying this tune, im almost certain

but as i said, thanks for your efforts.. they are appreciated, and id like to suggest to you that your efforts would probably be much more useful if put to something like posting the sample all over as many forums/boards as you could and hoping that sum1 that knows it hears it

AJ,

I'd normally be very happy to post the tune for you, but as you have advertised a reward for a correct ID, I'm sorry big guy, but you should be the one doing the posting.

As I explained in my PM, I'm not interested in any reward. More importantly though, & long story short, I want no part of the baggage associated with it.

If you want me to suggest artist/labels - or you'd prefer forums - that I can do. I've already suggested & have PMed you links to 2 discogs forums. Here they are again:

- Track ID forum @ discogs
    - Eurodance & Italodance 90s forum @ discogs

Also, I have already PMed you the usernames of 2 oggers who may be able to help. Please recheck your messages.

You could try posting at anthems too - I'm registered there. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try tranceaddict either.

But as I said, the rest is up to you.

Good luck, cidey.

cidey, im a member of discogs, I have been for a long time now, and im friendly with the majority of the biggest eurodance collectors on there and most of them are searching for this song also

i can almost assure you (i say almost because there could be 1 person hiding deep in there that does know the name) that no1 there knows the name of the tune.

im not asking you to suggest artists/labels, in fact the opposite - id rather u didint, because i know it will lead nowhere

from all ur replies to this thread and numerous pm's i presumed u had took a liking to the song and now wanted to find the name urself also. my suggestion for u to start posting the sample around was just that, a suggestion... instead of wasting ur time researching and trying to guess the artist/label

if u have no interest in that, thats fine. I do appreciate ur efforts, but I can tell from ur efforts that u dont know much about the genre and ur guesswork is gonna get u absolutely nowhere

from ur small knowledge of eurodance and the difficulty of the task. the only thing i can compare ur efforts to is a child trying to guess the answer to a complex algebra equation... its just not gonna happen. please take my word for it

thanks again for your efforts, they are much appreciated. If i have any luck finding the name i will let you know

AJ, I'm PMing you another forum suggestion - hope it helps!

You didn't mention discogs before, & I haven't seen the tune posted @ discogs (visitors check too, not only members). But then again, I haven't checked forums often in the past year so ok, I give you the botd.

Lol! I've loved all kinds of dance genres (euro too) since 1992, still do, as my tastes are eclectic. Long story short, the DJ Line series on Numuzik hooked me into club grooves generally in 1992. It covers Italian house & piano house to Italian hybrid house/euro to eurodance to CanDance, maybe even to eurotrance & beyond but that I can't say because I stopped at volume 18. It's an awesome starting point from which I branched out into the respective genres. So I do know some euro, quite a bit in fact, though I'm no expert in any genre.

I understand that my Italian guess is just that, but I feel it's educated enough. But if it's of no use to you, then so be it. Of course the tune can be anything.

Btw as you brought math into the equation (forgive the pun), unlike in much of the scientific world, path independence does not exist in the real world. So the journey and not the destination tells the story.

But I have my own journeys to undertake, as in my own tunes to id, so I'm afraid I must sit this one out, big guy.

Again, cheers that you'll get back to me, & I do hope you land that ID.

Bon voyage, your friendly neighborhood ciderman

deffo that one

No More Pressure - No More Broken Hearts

YouTube - No More Pressure - No More Broken Hearts

thanks for the reply, but as ive already said a couple times... unfortunately thats not the correct id

Classic tune

Thread Information