Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a couple needing confirmed

Default a couple needing confirmed

1. This one has been bugging me for years. It's from a sasha mix around 93/94 and is generally listed as Smooth Touch - House Of Love in tracklistings, but its no version that i ever heard. Its definitely none of the mixes released on Strictly Rhythm, though it is reasonably similar to the More/Phearce Mix. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. An mp3 i "acquired" named as the 12" mix of Terrorize's Natural High. But i have Terrorize - Natural High / Who Do You Think You Are Fooling (2x12", Promo) on vinyl and its none of the mixes there. The non promo contains the same mixes according to ogs. Again can anyone confirm the exact mix. Yeah its a bit cheesy, but i love that piano
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by spaceface; 1st February 2010 at 08:24 AM.

Still after any help here, especially for Natural High. Thanks folks

Quote Originally Posted by spaceface View Post
    Still after any help here, especially for Natural High. Thanks folks
    A little, perhaps non usefull help, the bass is based on I Feel Love by Donna Summer, perhaps that helps

Good luck

The Natural High sounds just like that Shaun Imrei guys production to me but ive never heard the 12 you have
    U know why it's a brilliant manipulation of negative space

Thanks all for your help. Meltdown they do sound quite similar but the 12" mix is a lot more housey than this mix here. And i'll check out that 12" thanks djpileup. It wouldn't be the first time that a mix with the same name isn't the same track. i guess its even worth checking out the normal 12" release just in case. Cheers

first, perhaps(?!?) on this one
    Shibuya (4) - Acid In My House (12", EP) at Discogs

have you got the name of the exact mix of Terrorize?
    coz i can perhaps help you...
    Last edited by twiceage; 31st March 2010 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twiceage View Post
    have you got the name of the exact mix of Terrorize?
    coz i can perhaps help you...
    Not yet mate. I recently picked up a couple of crates of old skool for dirt cheap and i thought it had the single 12"release in it. Turns out it was the double pack so now i've got 2 copies of that and still no idea what mix it is! Any help greatly appreciated.

And thanks too for the Shibuya tip. It looks promising, but probably going to be hard as nails to find a soundclip.

I can tell you that the Terrorize mix is NOT on this Terrorize - Natural High (12") at Discogs

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepiano View Post
    I can tell you that the Terrorize mix is NOT on this Terrorize - Natural High (12") at Discogs
    Thanks for the confirmation ilovepiano. I didn't really think it would be, but always worth checking these things out.
    Last edited by spaceface; 31st March 2010 at 11:01 AM.

for Shibuya , better ask a seller .

so , i know that the time duration of your Terrorize tune is 6:11
    YouTube - Terrorize Natural High

on +Terrorize +"Natural High" cd - Discogs Search
    it's exactly the same time duration.
    so i suppose that your version of Terrorize is perhaps from the "Best Of Rave 2 Volume 4"

on the "best of rave" CD series , they sometimes give the name of remixer in the inside cover but not for all the tracks...
    perhaps you will find some details about this Terrorize tune in the inside cover

i've got 2 "best of the rave" cds not this one ; for example , in the inside cover of "best of the rave volume one", about Shamen - ebeneezer goode , they mention : "remix by Richie Hawtin" .
    Last edited by twiceage; 31st March 2010 at 12:01 PM.

Great spot twiceage. These actually turn up quite frequently round my local 2nd hand stores. I've already found all 4 italo house ones plus a few others. But yeah not got this one either. I'll keep my eyes open for it now. Thanks again.

i suppose that your version of Terrorize is perhaps from the "Best Of Rave 2 Volume 4"
    I found a copy on slsk and it look like you're right. This is the version i'm after. Great piece of detective work twiceage! Thanks

Got a response back from a seller on discogs and unfortunately it's not the one. Good effort though, thanks!

Thread Information